That will tell me whether the incoming call is to my GV number or my mobile number and show the incoming caller ID?

Is there something like that out there?
    03-27-10 10:55 AM
    I believe that you can set that up from your google voice account over the web.
    03-29-10 10:36 AM
    I believe that you can set that up from your google voice account over the web.
    The only option to differentiate incoming calls, is by having GV show my GV number (instead of the incoming ID) when the phone rings, so until the call is over, I do not know who is calling.
    If I want the caller ID of the incoming call to show up, its impossible to tell if it is to my mobile number or my GV number.
    03-29-10 10:44 AM
    I believe you can set your GV up in 1 of 2 ways:
    1) incoming call shows the caller's name (as normal caller ID), or
    2) incoming calls show your GV number.
    With option 1, you won't know until the call ends what number the caller dialed.
    With option 2, you can see exactly where the call is coming from.
    03-29-10 11:40 AM
    Yes you can set it up both ways. I like the option of showing the GV number. Also, I have the present option turned on, where when someone calls via google voice, upon answering it says "call from John smith. To accept, press 1". I like this as opposed to showing the callers number, bc this let's me know what number people dialed, so I can moniter my switch over to the google number

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-29-10 12:14 PM
    I agree that neither solution is optimal. I leave GV set to show the regular caller ID not my GV number. I would prefer to know if the call is coming through GV, but I can't stand the call presentation mode. I don't want to have to answer the phone to see if I want to answer the phone.

I personally can't think of a better way to handle it though. If someone comes up with an app or other solution, by all means post it.

03-29-10 12:49 PM
    Yes you can set it up both ways. I like the option of showing the GV number. Also, I have the present option turned on, where when someone calls via google voice, upon answering it says "call from John smith. To accept, press 1". I like this as opposed to showing the callers number, bc this let's me know what number people dialed, so I can moniter my switch over to the google number

So will the following settings give me the desired results (I want to know who is calling and what phone are they calling):

Call Screening
    Enable screening Asks unknown callers to say their name
    Screen all unknown callers

Call Presentation
    On Announces caller's name and gives answering options

Caller ID
    Display my Google Voice number

Caller ID (out)
    When I SMS a Google Voice number from one of my forwarding phones:
    03-29-10 12:53 PM
    So will the following settings give me the desired results (I want to know who is calling and what phone are they calling):

Call Screening
    Enable screening Asks unknown callers to say their name
    Screen all unknown callers

Call Presentation
    On Announces caller's name and gives answering options

Caller ID

Caller ID (out)
    When I SMS a Google Voice number from one of my forwarding phones:
    Yes, that should do it. Also, I should point out that I only give out my GV number to professional and business contacts, as well as people like the dentist. So, its basically like a group notification when google calls me. The call presentation option allows me to ignore the dentist but answer about that job

03-29-10 01:08 PM
    Yes, that should do it. Also, I should point out that I only give out my GV number to professional and business contacts, as well as people like the dentist. So, its basically like a group notification when google calls me. The call presentation option allows me to ignore the dentist but answer about that job

For some reason, it does not work for me. It will either display my GV number or the incoming Caller ID and then I do not know if my GV number is ringing or my mobile.
    Even when I edit a group, it does not give the desired results.
    03-29-10 01:14 PM
    shiii idk then
    03-29-10 06:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD