It seems as if the iphone has the only decent Disney park app out there (to give wait times, parade times, etc.). Is there a good one for the Blackberry?

TIA!!
    11-14-10 03:20 PM
    Try m.touringplans.com/wdw (from your BlackBerry browser).

I used this back in May and found it to be just OK-- the number of rides listed is VERY limited (like maybe 5 per park) but they do give you the estimated wait times for them. If you want more you have to pay like $11/year or something like that. It does tell you the park hours, if there are any EMH's for that park, and it tells you which park they think you should visit that day based on crowds.

Again, keep in mind that touringplans is VERY simplistic, but it did help. And it is not an app, but rather a mobile website.

Enjoy your trip... even as a 25 yo male, I'm extremely jealous.
    Last edited by joeyn123; 11-14-10 at 03:48 PM.
    11-14-10 03:44 PM
    Thanks Joe; I'll give it a try.
    11-14-10 06:53 PM
    No problem... let me know if you have any other questions.
    11-14-10 09:04 PM
    The mobile magic app for verizon is out there, but not for BB. Verizon � Disney Parks Blog

There's a mobile website version of that too.

Meh.....

Your bets bet are some books and websites. Is this your first time?

For books, I recommend "The Unofficial Guide to Disney World": Amazon.com: The Unofficial Guide Walt Disney World 2011 (Unofficial Guides) (9780470615294): Bob Sehlinger, Len Testa: Books

For websites, if you are willing to spend a few bucks, I have friends that SWEAR by: Walt Disney World Vacation Planner for Orlando, Florida Vacation TourGuideMiKE

Then there's just this, and other forums (including disboards) for info. You can glean simple tactics like the following:

1) If a park has late EMH hours, go to that park in the morning. If large amounts of people are there until 2am, they are not going to want to be there first thing in the morning.

2) If going with small kids, make sure to go back to your hotel around 1 or 2 ish to let them sleep or swim, or both. Otherwise you will have a majorly cranky kid when you want to try and get on a ride at 7pm. Basically, know your kids' limits.

3) If going over Xmas, do NOT go to the Magic Kingdom on Xmas day. It will close due to crowds. We were there last year over Xmas and this was the case. We went to Animal Kingdom on Xmas day for a character breakfast at 8am. After eating we had the AK to ourselves for a good 2.5 hours. We had heard from others coming in that Magic Kingdom was closed by 11 due to the crowds.

Etc......
    11-15-10 07:51 AM
    I thought for SURE I had read that the app WAS available for BB, but it is not. It did appear on the CB front page, and there IS another thread on this, but all the chatter is about how much sad it is that it's NOT available. Anyways the other thread mentioned the mobile disney site....

Walt Disney World Resort
    11-15-10 08:49 AM
    It is sad that there aren't apps like that for BB. Some folks talk about android and iphone being toys, but they do offer apps that are useful, fun and are not available for BB.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-15-10 09:06 AM
    There is an app for BB and it is available on AppWorld. Its from upinpoint.com and is pretty cheap. I used it just a couple weeks ago and its great. It has maps for all the parks and tells you where restrooms are, character greeting spots, etc. You can rank attractions by priority and mark them when visited. It has all of the restaurants and gives you menus for most. It also has a calendar feature and will tell you when there's Extra Magic Hours and what characters will be where and at what time. WDW also has a mobile website that's pretty useful.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-15-10 10:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD