I have a sprint tour & have gmail, facebook, beejive, ubertwitter installed. There is now way to adjust the profiles. theyb do not show up under "other" in profiles. i could set gmail & beejive initially but after a battery pull the option to set disappears. same for facebook, myspace & as it seems any third party app! oh my this is a major annoyance. is there any fix that anyone knows about? I am wondering that if some hidden, small came over from the restore from the old blackberry which corrupted some database. I guess i could testthis theory by wiping the device & syncing those apps one by one & setting profile then battery pull to stay if profile option is still there. if that works, how do i get the contacts, calendar data & bookmarks over ONLY (don't want to sync back any corrupt files!). any ideas guys?
    07-26-09 05:51 AM
    Ye that would probably work, they most likely got corrupted on the fact of switching from a lesser device to the tour so wipe all the apps and reinstall them you should just be able to just delete them and reinstall so your contacts and calenders should be fine.
    07-26-09 06:00 AM
    a delete & reinstall does not fix it. I want to wipe the whole device to factory setting & bring over only those apps & contacts, calendars, memos & bookmarks. not a full restore from a backup. how can I only that particular data?
    Last edited by blackberryboy; 07-26-09 at 06:22 AM.
    07-26-09 06:19 AM
    ok one i just wanna ask if you deleted them and then reinstalled them through bb device manager or from the device and two instead you can just go to restore then advanced and you should be able to delete the apps right from there while leaving your contacts and such on the device and if you still want to do a full restore you can do it and just make sure that your calender and contacts and memos are synced with the computer so you can just do a sync afterwards you should be able to do that without restoring from a backup
    07-26-09 06:26 AM
    This is a very troublesome problem. The guys who make beejive say this is a known bug on the tour and the BB has to release a fix.
    07-26-09 06:50 AM
    I did a complete wipe & only restored the PIM data. Then downloaded Gmail, Beejive. The bug is still there. Now NO 3rd parts apps allow me to change their tone after a battery pull. Luckily I set them all up the way I wanted before I reset them so the original settings are "stuck". This includes, facebook, Gmail, BBtext2IM, beejive & myspace
    07-26-09 10:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD