Is there a browser available that automatically downsamples websites to wap?

I've searched with no luck

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-21-09 01:04 PM
    The only third party browsers available are Opera and Bolt. Neither do specifically what you ask. Could you elaborate on the issue you are having and maybe we could find a solution for you.
    04-21-09 01:39 PM
    Thanks.

A friend had asked me that question because he doesn't like browsing from his BB.
    He says there is not enough wap sites. I guess maybe sites load to slow for him.

Thought I would ask here just incase.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-21-09 02:49 PM
    tell him to use opera or bolt, they are a whole lot better than the native browser
    04-21-09 02:51 PM
    Use Bolt for non-wap sites.
    04-21-09 02:51 PM
    thanks everyone!
    04-21-09 03:10 PM
    Download opera mini + set options to view as mobile. Runs so much faster than bb browser. Hope this helps.
    04-21-09 05:52 PM
    tell him to use opera or bolt, they are a whole lot better than the native browser
    I disagree whole-heartedly. The native one is faster than either of them*, and using blackberry emulation and column view is ALMOST exactly what the OP was asking for. If a site loads poorly that way, press Z to switch to page view. If that still looks bad, THEN it's time to try a third party browser.

*Edit: ok, I will qualify this... it depends on which OS version you're running. Still the native browser is by far my favorite of the 3.
    04-21-09 06:00 PM
    It's not so much the formatting. Some script-laden pages will bog the BB browser down like crazy. Those are the cases where I use Bolt.
    04-21-09 06:05 PM
    It's not so much the formatting. Some script-laden pages will bog the BB browser down like crazy. Those are the cases where I use Bolt.
    Yes, that's also true. I wish we could set the threshhold for terminating slow running scripts.
    04-21-09 06:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD