I tend to write a lot of to do lists and I would really like to have the same list on my phone as I have on my PC. I usually just use sticky notes in Windows and the standard "To do" app in my Storm. I wouldn't mind using different applications if I can sync them.

Any ideas?

Thanks a lot
    08-24-10 04:30 AM
    There are two "standard" ways to do this and they both require Outlook on your PC.

- Tasks is an installable BlackBerry app and will sync to Outlook

- MemoPad is also an installable app and also sync to Outlook

If you do not have Outlook aor you do not wish to use either of those two apps then you must look to an app that has a Desktop Manager Add-In that will sync your data as part of the normal Synchronization process.
    08-24-10 04:36 AM
    Thanks for the prompt reply.
    I had thought about Outlook and that it might be an option. I don't really use it for email or anything though. Unless I can find another solution I might give it a shot.
    08-24-10 04:40 AM
    BlackBerry and Outlook work really well together.

The nice thing about Syncing to Outlook is that you get a human readable copy of all your personal data and that, for me, makes it invaluable.
    08-24-10 04:45 AM
    +1 for outlook

I think you will find that Outlook will be very handy even if you don't use it for e-mails. Although, if you don't already have a copy of Office with Outlook this could be an expensive purchase to make.
    08-24-10 07:50 AM
    Finally got Outlook to work. Hopefully last question: Is ist possible to have a setup where the BB automatically sync whenever he gets in range? All I managed to figure out is how to do it manually with the BB desktop software and I'm really hoping that there is a way around it. Otherwise I might have to write a Autoit/AHK script but I'm not keen on that...

Thanks
    08-26-10 05:32 AM
    ... Is ist possible to have a setup where the BB automatically sync whenever he gets in range? All I managed to figure out is how to do it manually with the BB desktop software ...
    Thanks
    I'm not exactly sure what you are asking here. When you say "gets in range" do you mean like through a bluetooth connection?
    08-26-10 07:45 AM
    Yes. I want my phone to sync with my outlook whenever I get close to my PC without having to start any software. Is that possible? Theoretically the PC should be able to detect the phone linking up with the bluetooth and go for it. From what I can tell the "linking up" only happens when I explicitly ask for it and the sync I need to manually request as well.

I would like it all to happen automatically.

Cheers
    08-26-10 08:15 AM
    Well, I don't think I'll be able to help with this. I'm not familiar with connecting via bluetooth to a computer. I know the only way I can sync connected to the USB port is if Desktop Manager is running. It sync automatically as soon as I connect the phone.
    08-26-10 11:08 AM
    The fact that it's possible with USB but needs the Manager was the key. After going through the software for the millionth time, I actually opened my eyes and found what I was looking for:

Device -> Device options -> When I connect device: tick Organizer Data -> OK

Tools -> Desktop Options -> Bluetooth: tick automatically make connection

That does the trick. Now I'll have to writ a script to properly automate the process.
    08-26-10 11:50 AM
    Good, glad to see you got it working.
    08-26-10 12:17 PM
    I don't like programs running in the backround and I don't want to make unnecessary mouse clicks so I've come up with this:

Code:
    Opt("MouseCoordMode", 0)      
    Opt("MouseClickDownDelay", 90)  

ShellExecute("C:\Program Files (x86)\Research In Motion\BlackBerry Desktop\Rim.Desktop.exe","", "C:\Program Files (x86)\Research In Motion\BlackBerry Desktop\","",@SW_HIDE )
    WinWait("BlackBerry")
    WinSetState("Black","", @SW_HIDE)
    WinWait("BlackBerry Data Synchronization")
    WinWaitClose("BlackBerry Data Synchronization")
    Sleep(500)
    WinSetState("Black","", @SW_SHOW)
    WinActivate("Black")
    MouseClick("left", 770, 11, 1 , 1)
    It's super simple Autoit but very convenient. I might hide the popup window as well but this way I have some idea what is going on.

Thanks again for all the suggestions!
    08-26-10 12:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD