I had it on all the other phones I had, but I haven't seen one for the Storm yet. Anybody know of one that will let me edit my MP3s (cuttings sections and what not) and use them as ringtones?
    03-04-09 12:09 PM
    Phonezoo.com
    03-04-09 12:20 PM
    This will let me do this on my Storm? I need a program on my phone that let's me do all of this. Phonezoo doesn't look like what I'm looking for.
    03-04-09 12:43 PM
    Won't help you on a PC, but if you have a Mac, you can do it with GarageBand. It's how I make mine.

I used this guide for the iPhone to figure it out. The primary difference is that instead of send Ringtone to iTunes, you have to do send Song to iTunes, then sync it to your BB somehow (I use Missing Sync, so I have a Ringtones playlist that I have setup in MS to sync to my BB).

Obviously not helpful if you don't run a Mac, but in case a Mac user reads this too...

Edit: Just saw your last post, and obviously this won't help for on your Storm. To the best of my knowledge, there is no way to do it on your phone yet.
    03-04-09 12:45 PM
    Muchos gracias. I'll keep on waiting for something.
    03-04-09 12:58 PM
    myxer.com is a great tool and supports editing mp3s that you upload or just use prior on the site. As well has wallpapers and games. for the storm though the games dont work yet.. and ITS all FREE.
    03-04-09 01:02 PM
    I have a Mac and use audacity.

I drag the desired MP3 straight out of iTunes to my desktop. That creates a copy on the desktop.

Open it with audacity. Trim to the 30 second segment you want.

Save and then I drag and drop to my media card. Works great
    03-04-09 01:10 PM
    oops, didn't realize you wanted the program on your phone

then nope, i dunno what can do that as of the moment
    03-04-09 01:10 PM
    I don't know of any that work on the phone itself either but as was stated above, audacity works great on pc also. you pick the length of the ringtone and the part of the mp3 you want to use. Just edit, upload to Storm and set as ringtone.
    03-04-09 01:43 PM
    Thats actually a nice app suggestion, having a editor on the phone to cut your own ringtones would be awesome.
    03-04-09 02:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD