Is there an app that let's me transfer my memopad documents from the BlackBerry to the computer?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-14-11 09:07 AM
    If you have Outlook, the memopad notes should sync over with the rest of your PIM data.
    09-14-11 01:30 PM
    +1 for what Xopher said.
    I personally use BBNotepad and QuickNotes to make my memos in .txt format and transfer them to my PC if I need to though.
    09-14-11 06:41 PM
    Outlook is by far the best, but kind of expensive if you don't already have it.

OP, what phone do you have? On newer BlackBerry phones you can highlight the memo (don't open it) and select "Forward As" then send it however you want.
    joju58 likes this.
    09-14-11 07:31 PM
    I use evernote. You can get it for just about anything now.
    09-14-11 08:17 PM
    I use evernote. You can get it for just about anything now.
    How exactly are you using evernote for the memopad?

Does it sync your BB native memo pad to the cloud or to the PC?
    Or is it a stand alone app on your BB that syncs to what?

TIA
    09-14-11 08:51 PM
    The major issue at had with Evernote is the ability for offline viewing of my notes. My notes are way too important to not be able to view them wherever I am, like on a plane and in the basement at work.

amt1988, is Evernote still like this or can you view your notes whenever and wherever now?
    09-14-11 09:47 PM
    How about a menu item in the Memo app to let you select text files to add as memos, and to save selected memos as text files?

If you would pay for that, please click "Like" so I can know if it's worth writing.
    09-14-11 10:45 PM
    How about a menu item in the Memo app to let you select text files to add as memos, and to save selected memos as text files?

If you would pay for that, please click "Like" so I can know if it's worth writing.
    There's already an app that does just that, but more apps for the BB are always welcome. I say "Bring it on".
    09-14-11 11:17 PM
    @Ridesno: I can't forward them, they are too big.

@Xopher: does a laptop baught at futureshop with windows 7 on it come with outlook preinstalled?

09-15-11 01:19 AM
    If you use Lotus notes memos are synced to the PC vis BBDM along with contacts.

09-15-11 03:12 AM
    There's already an app that does just that, but more apps for the BB are always welcome. I say "Bring it on".
    Which app? If it's over $2 then maybe there's room for competition.

thanks
    09-15-11 04:11 AM
    I use the regular memopad, I have ove 100 notes most notes are over 600 words. I searched the AppWorld for lotus notes and didn't find anything

09-15-11 04:12 AM
    Well...
    I am not connected to the software. I have not tried it even yet, but I guess I will do it shorty, as it is already 3rd time I suggest trying it...
    When you do a back-up using the BlackBerry Desktop Manager, it is backed-up to your PC. Now the MagicBerry claims just to be able to open the back-up file and read, merge together etc.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...y-work-649393/
    09-15-11 06:35 AM
    Which app? If it's over $2 then maybe there's room for competition.

thanks
    My app SpeedNotes will allow you to load notes from Memopad and then save them out to a text file and vice versa. A fully functional 7-day trial is available.

Russ.
    09-15-11 12:19 PM
    I use the regular memopad, I have ove 100 notes most notes are over 600 words. I searched the AppWorld for lotus notes and didn't find anything

you should use documents to go! 600+ words is a short essay, not a note!
    09-15-11 01:09 PM
    Outlook is by far the best, but kind of expensive if you don't already have it.

OP, what phone do you have? On newer BlackBerry phones you can highlight the memo (don't open it) and select "Forward As" then send it however you want.
    that's why i love BlackBerry..every day you learn some new features, i thought i know all about bb"s but was wrong and learned one more with your help, thx budd
    09-15-11 11:05 PM

Lotus Notes is not an app. It is a program from IBM. Google it.

09-16-11 05:50 AM
    that's why i love BlackBerry..every day you learn some new features, i thought i know all about bb"s but was wrong and learned one more with your help, thx budd
    Same here. Thanks.

09-16-11 05:52 AM
    @russnash: good app, however, I like the interface for Memopad best

Memopad has the name of the Note you're in at the top that can be edited quickly, which dissapears as you scroll down. Versus Speednotes, which has no name at the top can't be eidted quickly, it also says speednote which doesn't dissapear as you scroll down.

Memopad for the writing part, has a clean completely white surface, speednotes has a little dark border around it that makes the writing surface smaller. I'm not to picky about that but on devices that donkt have the larger screen like the Bold and Curve it could be an issue.

And at the bottum Memopad has the "Copy""Paste""Cut""Delete" options. Where-as speed notes says Load, Save and Clear.

The big reason why I like Memopad is because it has these shorcuts, as the name changability at the top.

I'll check all of Speednotes setting before I post this

Oh, it also has no option for creating a new note. It just says clear.

Yeah, yeah, I'm picky

09-16-11 09:13 AM
    @russnash: good app, however, I like the interface for Memopad best

Memopad has the name of the Note you're in at the top that can be edited quickly, which dissapears as you scroll down. Versus Speednotes, which has no name at the top can't be eidted quickly, it also says speednote which doesn't dissapear as you scroll down.

Memopad for the writing part, has a clean completely white surface, speednotes has a little dark border around it that makes the writing surface smaller. I'm not to picky about that but on devices that donkt have the larger screen like the Bold and Curve it could be an issue.

And at the bottum Memopad has the "Copy""Paste""Cut""Delete" options. Where-as speed notes says Load, Save and Clear.

The big reason why I like Memopad is because it has these shorcuts, as the name changability at the top.

I'll check all of Speednotes setting before I post this

Oh, it also has no option for creating a new note. It just says clear.

Yeah, yeah, I'm picky

Thank you for your feedback on my application. I'm always open to suggestions to improve things and have made some notes from your comments.

Thank you again for the input, I do appreciate it!

Russ.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Tapatalk
    09-16-11 10:20 AM
    What I'm looking for is to be able to sync my memoPad with a cloud based app that allows me to edit on my device and/or edit via the web/cloud using my laptop and have them sync.

Any ideas?
    TIA
    09-16-11 10:01 PM
    @Ridesno: I can't forward them, they are too big.

@Xopher: does a laptop baught at futureshop with windows 7 on it come with outlook preinstalled?

You might have a trial version of Office 2010 available on a new laptop. However, it would most likely be the Home & Student version, which would not include Outlook. You would need to purchase Office Home & Business or Professional to get Outlook. Office 2010: Which suite is right for you? - Office.com
    09-16-11 10:32 PM
    @Russ, I kept the app on my BlackBerry, it shall come in handy when I get my new laptop.

09-17-11 05:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD