I've just downloaded wifi manager for my Torch which switches my wifi on and off based on my location and I was wondering does anyone know of an app that can change my profile on my Torch based on my location?

As I have to have my phone on silent at work I always forget to either turn it to silent or take it off silent when I leave, so if there's an app to do this that would be great. Can anyone help?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-17-11 05:08 AM
    I have no idea. I have to do the same thing for work and I just turn it on silent in the car on my way to work and when I leave work I just turn it back on. Doesn't seem that hard to me. With BeBuzz I can see what type of notification I have based on the flashing light so even if I can't hear the phone, it's always close enough that I can determine if it's a Facebook notification, text, phone call, etc and then decide if it's improtant enough to check while driving, and usually it isn't as I'm a huge advocate for not fiddling with your phone while driving.

01-17-11 05:32 AM
    I have no idea. I have to do the same thing for work and I just turn it on silent in the car on my way to work and when I leave work I just turn it back on. Doesn't seem that hard to me. With BeBuzz I can see what type of notification I have based on the flashing light so even if I can't hear the phone, it's always close enough that I can determine if it's a Facebook notification, text, phone call, etc and then decide if it's improtant enough to check while driving, and usually it isn't as I'm a huge advocate for not fiddling with your phone while driving.

I do have bebuzz one of my favourite apps. Its not hard just I somethimes forget and i've been impressed with the WIFI Manager App. It's its nice that my phone just auto switches to WIFI when I get witthin range of my front door (makes me love my Torch even more) so thought it would be nice if there was a similar app for the profiles.

01-17-11 05:45 AM
    there are apps that will change your sound profile based on location using the gps. Can't recall the names but search crackberry appstore
    01-17-11 06:39 AM
    Check out "Profiler Pro." I use just the time/day settings, but location-based is one of it features.

01-17-11 07:07 AM
    Check out "Profiler Pro." I use just the time/day settings, but location-based is one of it features.

Thanks that's the sort of app I'm looking for but it says it doesn't work if you have password protection enabled which I do.
    01-17-11 01:14 PM
    Doh!! Sorry.

01-17-11 02:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD