I am a teacher and coach..... I have alot of contacts... Is there a easy way to seperate the contacts into personal and business without having to do each one, one at a time? If not is there a app that can seperate them?
    Thanks for your help
    Robby
    08-05-09 10:22 PM
    I dont think there is an app. If there is I want to know. I hate going to everyone and editing them.

Actually there is an app for contacts but im not sure if it will help with the sorting. Its call accelodex, theres a free trial that you can find via app world.
    08-05-09 10:37 PM
    I tried that app but did not seem to help.
    Thanks anyway
    Robby
    08-06-09 06:48 AM
    I'm not sure if this is what your looking for, but I do believe you can create Groups with your blackberry. i.e personal and buissness. If you click on the help icon on your phone I think it describes in detail how to go about it.

It seemed to me to be a nice way to send out broadcast messages if you wanted too. You could create a group called players and have all of them listed in that particicular group, and if you wanted, you could send the same txt,sms or what ever to them all at the same time by just selecting that group. Hope this helps!
    08-06-09 07:52 AM
    I have changed the thread titled and will now move this thread to Storm 3rd Party Apps. Perhaps someone can then direct you, OR maybe one of our many developer friends will see it and take on the challenge. You listening Fabian?
    08-06-09 08:31 AM
    If you sync with Outlook, you can easily do this on Outlook then the groups will stay in place on the handheld.

On Outlook, do a view by category, hold down the Ctrl key and select all the names you want to add to a particular group (category), then drag them into the category by that name.
    08-06-09 10:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD