will force the led to display when phone is muted? Meaning ... if I am taking a conference call, and mute my phone and screen darkens - I don't know if my phone is still muted ...

This may be something that only *I* think would be helpful... but, thought I'd ask.
    08-13-10 11:44 AM
    no.

when the screen is blank, it can't display ANYthing. get it?

best i can suggest is up the timeout time to max.
    08-13-10 12:00 PM
    Don't know if there is an app that does that, but another way to do it might be Leave It On.

Leave It On - Utilities BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Apps Store
    08-13-10 12:01 PM
    no.

when the screen is blank, it can't display ANYthing. get it?

best i can suggest is up the timeout time to max.
    But the LED will still work.
    08-13-10 12:03 PM
    Great idea! I'm not aware of any app that will do this, but I'm sure it's possible. I'm sure Bellshare could add this into an update of BerryBuzz. I would send them an email telling them they should add that feature.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-13-10 12:06 PM
    But the LED will still work.
    ok...but what's that got to do with the OP's issue of knowing if the phone is on "mute"?
    08-13-10 12:10 PM
    ok...but what's that got to do with the OP's issue of knowing if the phone is on "mute"?
    My point was - if the LED could be active TO INDICATE PHONE IS MUTED. My question wasn't in regard to the 'screen' showing muted - I'm aware that when the screen goes blank it doesn't show anything - that is why LED illumination would be helpful.

Thx for the other suggestions!

08-13-10 12:18 PM
    My point was - if the LED could be active TO INDICATE PHONE IS MUTED. My question wasn't in regard to the 'screen' showing muted - I'm aware that when the screen goes blank it doesn't show anything - that is why LED illumination would be helpful.

Thx for the other suggestions!

ah, I failed to notice your inclusion of "led" in the first sentence of your first post. my bad!
    08-13-10 12:20 PM
    Leave It On is a great app for more reasons than that.
    If you only want the light to stay on sometimes, you can also check out bblight.

Oh, my bad about the LED bit... sorry lol.
    You should contact BellShare, maybe they'd add this to BerryBuzz.
    Last edited by SCrid2000; 08-13-10 at 01:59 PM.
    08-13-10 01:55 PM
    Thanks for the suggestion regarding BerryBuzz is a good one! Think I will send an email. I love BerryBuzz as is, but this would make it even better! Too many conference calls on way into work and one day I fear I will be announcing my coffee order over the call... Lol

08-13-10 07:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD