I am using two different data tracking apps on my 9700 that track my voice minutes, network data and SMS. The two applications I use:
    Telicost AND Cell Manager

I like Telicost but sometimes it automatically show a different billing date than what I have entered in options. But at the end of the billing cycle, their data is 100% right. However, it worries me sometimes when I look at the app the billing date is wrong ONLY on Internet data track section.

Cell Manager comes with a lot of stupid ads which I don't like... it takes up my data MBs to load these ads every time I open their app. Another problem with this app is that it keep asking if I want to log the call as billable each time I finish a call which is annoying.
    So.. is there any app you guys use that I don't know about that track data use? THANKS.

NOTE: I heard some people talk about a "usage counter" built in to OS.. is that true?
    01-29-11 07:25 PM
    I use e-office Mobile Data Alerter. It is only for data, not SMS or calls, but I never make many calls or send/receive many SMS anyway.
    mssca likes this.
    01-29-11 07:29 PM

NOTE: I heard some people talk about a "usage counter" built in to OS.. is that true?

There is an overall usage meter built into the phone, but it will not subdivide the info into billing cycles or a breakdown.

Does your provider off you an app or a weblogin to check usage?
    mssca likes this.
    01-29-11 07:38 PM
    I suggest changing the app's permissions and denying it internet access. Then it won't be able to load the ads, saving MB's of data. Going into it's options, you might be able to turn off annoying reminders. The 'usage counter stops at 1GB and does not go any higher, there isn't a way to reset it either.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    mssca likes this.
    01-29-11 08:24 PM
    What lak611 says. E-Mobile free alerter is the best I have found.

01-30-11 07:33 AM
    What lak611 says. E-Mobile free alerter is the best I have found.

I agree. It's pretty accurate as well. Been using it for some time now and would definitely recommend it as it was recommended to me.
    01-30-11 02:46 PM
    I suggest usinig pageonce personal assisstant, it keeps track of your unbilled usage, works great and its free

01-31-11 04:36 AM
    Just a note about Telicost and Billing Dates. The app keeps track of both wifi and cellular data separately with different plan dates. There are selectors in the setup and details areas to select the interface to watch. Hundreds of thousands of users using the free telicost-lite app, we appreciate your feedback
    04-26-11 06:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD