Hi,

I have searched and searched but have not been able to find any answer to my question.

Does it exist any alarm applications for BlackBerry that overrides the Device lock?

I got my first BB one week ago and are trying to use it as an alarm clock to wake me in the morning. My company is forcing a device lock after 30 minutes so I have to enter a password to use be able to use the phone after 30 minutes. When the alarm is ringing in the morning I have to enter the password before I am able to snooze the alarm. I am quite tired in the morning and are struggling to enter the correct password, and my wife is not happy that it take a while to snooze or stop the alarm.

Before my BB I used a Nokia E71, and when the alarm went of on this phone it overrided the device lock and made me able to snooze the alarm without entering the password.

Is this possible on a Blackberry too?

Thanks in advance.

Jarle
    09-29-09 04:40 PM
    Overriding the auto-lock means keeping the backlight on, so it would have to be plugged in, and even if the screen is black-background the keypad would stay lit all night.

The phone would also have to remain unlocked until the alarm is turned off. I don't think an app can unlock the phone once it's locked without you entering the password.

I find this very annoying too, VERY annoying -- can't dismiss a reminder or alarm without clicking Unlock, entering the password, waiting half a year plus a day for it to unlock, then dismiss.
    09-29-09 05:12 PM
    Buy and alarm clock for home. Best advice. The lock is designed to be very secure. Sorry.
    09-29-09 05:28 PM
    I wish my key lock prevented me from accidentally turning off my alarm in the morning. At least if I had to be alert enough to enter my password I might not sleep through it.
    09-30-09 03:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD