I'm trying to decide between the 2 of these. Anybody have any input. Drivesafe.ly seems to have a good reputation, but so expensive when you aren't even sure you are going to like it...

Are there any big differences between the two?
    03-22-11 08:51 AM
    I have tried them both and did not like either...textndrive almost never worked, and drivesafly is the most annoying app I had ever used.
    03-22-11 10:21 AM
    hgellings, I use Drivesafely and it's great! I'm using the free version and the free features are enough to keep you safely on the road.

You can get the free version (not a trial) on App World. The free version is limited to 25 words though. You can try it out and see if you like it before thinking of purchasing.
    Last edited by evil.bunny; 03-22-11 at 07:42 PM.
    03-22-11 07:24 PM
    I use Drivesafe.ly and am quite pleased with it. It will even read messages over bluetooth headset, so if there are several people riding with you, you can still get the messages without everyone else hearing (might depend on headset).
    03-23-11 09:07 AM
    I have tried them both and did not like either...textndrive almost never worked, and drivesafly is the most annoying app I had ever used.
    I wholeheartedly agree about drivesafe.ly - try it and you'll see....
    Last edited by arnie27; 03-23-11 at 09:47 AM.
    03-23-11 09:28 AM
    You can use the free version of DriveSafe.ly forever. Works well, though limited to 25 words per message. Textndrive is really just a copycat that doesn't work as well.
    03-23-11 12:23 PM
    I've used Vlingo for some time now with great success.

I don't know if it is the same as the two apps in the OP.
    03-23-11 03:01 PM
    I've used the free version of DriveSafe.ly for some time and recommended it to several friends who also like it. One thing I like about it is that you can have it turn on automatically when you activate your bluetooth headset and turn off when you shut the bluetooth off. No fuss, no bother, it just works. I don't find the 25 word limit on the free version troublesome. That is sufficient for me to tell if its a message I need to deal with or one that can wait.
    03-23-11 06:38 PM
    I'm using the pro version of drivesafe.ly, I don't drive a car but use it when I'm out on my powerchair..great because then I can concentrate on not running people's feet over at the malls lol

It's great had no complaints here

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-23-11 07:10 PM
    +1 for Drivesafely.

03-23-11 08:03 PM
    Thanks everyone! I'm giving DriveSafe.ly a try and so far I like it.

03-23-11 09:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD