Hello,

I recently updated the software on my Torch 9800 to .666.

I also recently updated my Advance OS and LED v11.2.

Since then, I've been getting these previews in my notification bar after the name of who sent the text message to me.

For example. If I drop down my notification bar after receiving a text, instead of just the name "Sara" or "Rob Cell" popping up under the text notifications, it now displays "Sara (mo...) Hey, do you want to see a movie ton..."

The part in brackets is displaying "mobile" since that's the setting I have for Sara. Then it goes on to display the first ten words or so.

It reminds me of how in Gmail you can turn previews for the emails on/off and when on, they show you the first fifteen or so words of the email.

I hate this new feature and I've been searching both the Advance OS and LED and the Blackberry options for a way to turn it off, but I can't for the life of me figure out where it is, nor can I determine whether it has something to do with the Blackberry update or the Advance OS and LED v11.2 update.

Can anyone help me turn this feature off?

Thanks.
    04-19-12 04:38 PM
    nor can I determine whether it has something to do with the Blackberry update or the Advance OS and LED v11.2 update.

Can anyone help me turn this feature off?

Thanks.
    Hi,

sorry to ask, but i would like to ask 1 question, why didnt you use one of these methods to get an answer for Adv OS and LED:

1- use the email provided in the app for support.
    2- use App World feedback and support option to email support.
    3- use the facebook app page to post a question (it is stated to do so for help in the app description in app world).
    4- check CrackBerry threads for Adv OS and LED thread which was few thread away from this thread (to post your question)
    5- (simply delete Adv OS and LED to see whether it was the app or your OS update, since it is a free app that you can install at anytime with a backup/restore option for all app settings)

Now, back to your question, my app will not change your OS behavior, it simply reads the SMS and will only show you a popup if you request it to do so by enabling the popup feature, thats all

Final thoughts, please update Adv OS and LED to the latest version 12.0 you are using an old version.
    04-19-12 07:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD