Has anyone tried PDAnet as a free way to Tether. I have a friend that uses it and says he always is sending mass amounts of data and has yet to be hit with any fees from his provider and he doenst pay any extra for tethering capabilities.
    12-28-09 03:42 PM
    no i installed tetherberry for a friend on his tour and he loves it says works great and isfairly fast. he has unlimited plan from sprint so will wait to see if he has any additional charges on his account shouldn't tho since has unlimited everything. will let know when he gets his bill....
    12-28-09 04:24 PM
    tetherberry all the way for me and tmobile has never charged me additionally, my next door neighbor with verizon uses tetherberry and never been charged
    12-28-09 04:27 PM
    I've been using Tetherberry religiously when I travel and I bank A LOT of time on there (I actually started my website all while only having Tetherberry access). It has its ups and downs connection wise, but hey, it works for me and thats all I need. Never had a single extra charge.
    12-28-09 05:35 PM
    Has anyone tried PDAnet as a free way to Tether. I have a friend that uses it and says he always is sending mass amounts of data and has yet to be hit with any fees from his provider and he doenst pay any extra for tethering capabilities.
    I've used PDAnet with my old Moto Q. Loved it. Worked flawlessly.
    12-28-09 05:35 PM
    FYI: having unlimited "everything" isn't a defense if your contract explicitly states you can only tether through your provider's service. Not sure what Sprint's T&Cs said on the subject, but I'd be surprised if they don't prohibit unauthorized tethering.
    12-28-09 05:37 PM
    FYI: having unlimited "everything" isn't a defense if your contract explicitly states you can only tether through your provider's service. Not sure what Sprint's T&Cs said on the subject, but I'd be surprised if they don't prohibit unauthorized tethering.
    unlimited everything means just that to me. Not unlimited everything with limits. So I tether all the time. Never been charged extra.
    12-28-09 06:32 PM
    Go ahead and report all of us, then.
    12-28-09 08:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD