Obviously I would like to save some cash on paying up to Verizon to tether my blackberry. Does Tetherberry work well? Is is equivalent to VZ Access?

Thanks in advance,
    05-13-09 01:18 PM
    I think PDANet works better.

With PDANet, you pay a one time fee. You pay $15/mo for VZ Tethering.
    05-13-09 04:58 PM
    I think PDANet works better.

With PDANet, you pay a one time fee. You pay $15/mo for VZ Tethering.
    According to PDANet, they only support OS 4.7. That means our 8830 is not yet supported.
    05-14-09 08:44 AM
    Or pay the money to verizon so the rest of us don't have to have our rates go up cause people like u wanna steal data from them.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-14-09 08:50 AM
    If I'm paying the highest possible price for unlmited (capped) data of any carrier in the western hemisphere, how is it stealing if I decide to tether my laptop every once in a while and I don't want to cough up another $15 bucks month in month out to do so?

I can understand charging extra for tethering if somebody uses it heavily, but accusing somebody of stealing for using a product like tetherberry or pdanet is a (possibly) unfounded accusation.
    05-14-09 01:56 PM
    I agree with r0k. A one time setup fee woild be ok for users with unlimited data plans.

05-14-09 10:17 PM
    I agree with r0k. A one time setup fee woild be ok for users with unlimited data plans.

100% Agree

I would not mind paying VZW if it was a one time setup fee, but $15 a month when according to my plan I have "unlimited data" I should be able 2 use it however I see fit. But we all know that unlimited data plan is not unlimited. So yes tetherberry will be getting my money as soon as they release the mac version. (Just got the mac beta working and i think it has decent speed)
    05-17-09 01:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD