So I'm wondering if this is cause for alarm? Today I did a "whatismyipaddress.com" and found out while I am tethered, my IP address from Tetherberry comes out of....... get this.... "THE UNITED ARAB EMERATES" so WtH... are we getting ourselves in deep here? anyone care to check their IP adresses while usin tetherberry and see what foriegn country you are going through? kinda scares me....
    08-13-09 02:02 PM
    What is scary about UAE? I don't get it...
    08-13-09 02:06 PM
    LOL that's funny. I think I did that once and got something out of Europe, I forget what country.

I'm not really sure why it happens but I wouldn't worry. Those sites probably look at the IP numbers to determine what region the computer is in. Those rules probably don't apply to tethered cell phone connections.
    08-13-09 02:06 PM
    Sounds like they're doing some serious routing there. I wouldn't want to suggest what it makes me think but when I tether (without tetherberry) it's always returned a logical and local IP address.
    08-13-09 02:47 PM
    NO!!! Not Dubai!!!! WOW! CRAZY!!! THAT'S AMAZING!
    08-13-09 05:27 PM
    it just gets me thinking "is my info safe" ? after going thru a 3rd world country, I know my info can get stolen anywhere , just makes you say HMMMM
    08-14-09 06:38 AM
    UAE is not even CLOSE to a third world country. Are you kidding me?

There's more money in Dubai than we could ever hope to see.
    08-14-09 10:46 AM
    UAE is not even CLOSE to a third world country. Are you kidding me?

There's more money in Dubai than we could ever hope to see.
    Sorry didn't mean to get everyone panties in a bunch. Sorry. Middle eastern country. It could be italy and I would still be concerned where the ip originated

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-14-09 11:01 AM
    what OS are you running?

Have you tried 5.0.0.140 I think thats where it all started, im not sure if there is a connection or not, but mine used to show Cali, I have to wonder if that 5.0 OS had something in it that did this, I went back to 148/151/167 hybrid and it still goes to the middle east so I don't know...
    08-14-09 03:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD