Have you used or currently use tetherberry? What carrier do or did you use with it? and How has or was your experience been with it? Thanks for all your input.
    10-03-09 04:34 PM
    Allow me to add a question to your post (and please, it's an honest one, so no flaming):

If my device has the ability to tether, why should I bother about TetherBerry? Shouldn't the Blackberry e able to do it by itself? Or is TetherBerry for devices that can't do it on their own?

Gee, guess i added three questions.
    10-03-09 04:52 PM
    i have been using tetherberry for about 2 months now and i love it. it is great for surfing pages. I have verizon and i make sure that there are no extra charges on my bill every month. they can't track the program. it goes through the data charge that you already pay for.

The only thing that is not good is the downloading speed. it is better than dialup, but not better than anything else.

tetherberry is used for when you want the internet, but do not have home internet. pay the money once and get internet for ever.

do not pay the extra money for this every month from verizon it is not worth it.
    10-03-09 05:04 PM
    Tetherberry is one of the best programs ever rolled out. It saves you from paying Verizon $30 a month to tether your phone. You just buy the software once. My download speeds have extremely fast. If you are in a strong signal area, downloads approach DSL response. If you are one of those people that needs to download their webpages .5 seconds faster than anyone, it might bother you.
    10-03-09 05:31 PM
    Tetherberry is the biggest waste of money and a rip off. Follow this simple tutorial and you'll be tethered in minutes and for free.

Using BlackBerry As Modem - BlackBerryFAQ
    10-03-09 07:36 PM
    If your carrier allows it without an extra charge or for free. Sprint doesn't allow it at all on most plans, but tetherberry works on it.

To some people its great

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-03-09 09:33 PM
    Tetherberry is the biggest waste of money and a rip off. Follow this simple tutorial and you'll be tethered in minutes and for free.

Using BlackBerry As Modem - BlackBerryFAQ
    I tried that numerous times and could never get it to work. I have a Verizon Curve 8330. It's not listed as a device that had success using that method on that page. Most of them seem to be T-Mobile. I was up and running in less than 2 minutes with TetherBerry. I don't tether much, but it comes in handy when trying to view a site that's not mobile friendly on the road.

10-03-09 09:43 PM
    From what I heard t-mo does not charge for tethering, I could be wrong though?. I would be using it on sprint so it good to hear that it works.
    10-03-09 10:12 PM
    . they can't track the program. it goes through the data charge that you already pay for.
    That is wrong. They absolutely can track it and don't be surprised when you get an account audit done and end up with overage charges.

Tetherberry is nothing more than theft, and against TOS of most carriers

10-04-09 01:07 AM
    Im on att, and have been using it from its release, it works great for me.
    10-04-09 08:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD