Is there a place i can get a coupon for tetherberry. 50.00 is steep for me. Also, Can we use tetherberry with ATT and not be charged for tethering?
    09-25-09 08:09 AM
    Use at your own risk, read AT&T's contract that you signed and read the fine print.

Thnx, �Tripster�

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-25-09 08:14 AM
    I've been with ATT since I was 15n that was 5 yrs ago, lol

09-25-09 08:34 AM
    Well then shouldn't you know the answer to your own question if you've been with them for 5 years? Try using CB's http://forums.crackberry.com/search.php or google!

Thnx, �Tripster�

09-25-09 09:16 AM
    Not rly no, never thought I would use a tethering thing

09-25-09 09:18 AM
    Do you ever read the fine print on user agreements? Tetherberry has the fine print also, did you read that?

Thnx, �Tripster�

09-25-09 09:22 AM
    It didn't say anything anout what carriers allowed it

09-25-09 09:37 AM
    Just don't use it, unless you really want to find out that you owe AT&T upwards of $1,000 when you get your bill statement!

Do what ya want to do, it will not be my fault nor will it be Tetherberries fault for whatever happens to your account with AT&T do to your actions from using Tetherberry!

Thnx, �Tripster�

09-25-09 09:43 AM
    Right, that's why I'm looking into it befor hand. I'm out a lot andinstead of paying two separate plans for wirelss internet I'm trying to look into the tethering oiption now. I seen through google where att has plans that allow tethering more freely, I will have to look at that once I get home. Sorry if I was pn the dense side about this. Just trying to finmd some answers

09-25-09 10:28 AM
    Its all up to you to!

Thnx, �Tripster�

09-25-09 10:36 AM
    I used the 7 day trial version of tetherberry, and I wasn't charge additionally on ATT. I used approximately double of the usage that I typically do per month, but it was no where near 5GB, which is the limit they impose under the official ATT tethering plan.

I'd like to have it too. haven't seen anything in the fine print about a limit of data for the unlimited data plan.
    Last edited by I_love_my_bold; 09-25-09 at 11:26 AM.
    09-25-09 10:36 AM
    Like I said before, use it at your own risk!

Thnx, �Tripster�

09-25-09 10:41 AM
    I think your point was established several posts ago. No need to belabor it.

I don't know about the OP, but I already knew that it's risky, hence the curiosity to try to establish a more informed plan of action. And for the record, just because the contract doesn't explicitly state that it's a violation of TOS doesn't mean they wont charge you (or that they will) for unusual usage. Given that, it's completely reasonable to ask other ATT contract holders what their experiences have been with regard to their bill.

Personally, I'd be more likely to take the risk if I saw that most people who reported on their experience didn't have dollars tacked onto their bill, provided that they mentioned how much of their new total data usage was beyond their usual data usage prior to tethering.
    09-25-09 11:25 AM
    Well have fun using Tetherberry, also its like russian roulette when using it. Just cause others rave about it and say they never received a big bill nor had their account terminated don't mean the its safe. Enjoy!

Thnx, �Tripster�

09-25-09 11:30 AM
    Don't waste you money on Tetherberry. Just follow these simple instructions and you'll be tethered in a matter of minutes.

Using BlackBerry As Modem - BlackBerryFAQ
    09-25-09 11:33 AM
    Don't waste you money on Tetherberry. Just follow these simple instructions and you'll be tethered in a matter of minutes.

Using BlackBerry As Modem - BlackBerryFAQ
    I'm glad someone brought this up. I stumbled on this a while back when I first downloaded Tetherberry and was wondering why there hadn't been much discussion on this option. Thanks!
    09-25-09 11:38 AM
    You wasn't suppose to tell them the not so secret way! Lol!

Thnx, �Tripster�

09-25-09 11:48 AM
    I'm glad someone brought this up. I stumbled on this a while back when I first downloaded Tetherberry and was wondering why there hadn't been much discussion on this option. Thanks!
    Tetherberry is a big ripoff plain and simple. I cringe when someone says they paid $50 plus bucks for something that can be done totally free.

09-25-09 03:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD