does anyone know for sure that using tetherberry will not get me in trouble with verizon?
    03-11-09 03:58 PM
    Today, probably not. Tomorrow, that could change.

At any time, VZW can block Tetherberry proxies, leaving everyone out $40 and possibly holding a large bill.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-11-09 04:02 PM
    thats my biggest concern. i wouldnt use it very much, just when im on the road and someone else is driving. Everywhere else i use my laptop is covered by wifi.
    03-11-09 04:03 PM
    Tethered charges are unreal with Telus; probably similar $ with Verizon; if not, they would have a lot fewer customers using laptop connect cards.
    03-11-09 04:26 PM
    Today, probably not. Tomorrow, that could change.

At any time, VZW can block Tetherberry proxies, leaving everyone out $40 and possibly holding a large bill.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I totally agree with you.

Now there is another option that VZW could do. It is what they did with plans pre-5gb plans. While the device has unlim data, and if VZW considers this violation of TOS (tetherberry), as you know it is really hard to get Large amounts of data with phone browser, it must be tethered in manner that would be allowed, VZW could just throttle the speed down, you can still use it, just at snail speed.
    03-12-09 08:17 PM
    making it a huge pain and alot of people would then be willing to spring to the VZW tether service as their tired of waiting 20min for the google main page to load.
    03-12-09 08:36 PM
    Just shelled out $40 for TetherBerry and I like it. I also am wondering if it violates Verizon's terms of agreement. I think Verizon should realize that locking GPS and other nonsense like this hurts their business. The iPhone is my smartphone of choice but back when I was in the market for one it was just too expensive. But I will jump ship from Verizon in a heartbeat if I smell a better deal elsewhere.
    03-12-09 09:03 PM
    MetroPCS?

Hey - its a thought.
    03-12-09 10:18 PM
    Just shelled out $40 for TetherBerry and I like it. I also am wondering if it violates Verizon's terms of agreement. I think Verizon should realize that locking GPS and other nonsense like this hurts their business. The iPhone is my smartphone of choice but back when I was in the market for one it was just too expensive. But I will jump ship from Verizon in a heartbeat if I smell a better deal elsewhere.
    Verizon locks out tethering so they can charge you another $30 on top of a BIS plan. How does that hurt their business? It only pads their bottom end.

Tethering plans with other carriers are quite similar in pricing.
    03-12-09 10:39 PM
    I'm using it and so far no problems. I dont think they can contractully force you to use their optional product.
    03-12-09 10:50 PM
    I'm using it and so far no problems. I dont think they can contractully force you to use their optional product.
    tether berry violates their TOS and its only a matter of time before they block it from their BIS servers. Verizon can control your phone and make it to where whatever they dont want to work on your phone...wont. But im willing to scrafice that for the quality of service i have always received from them.
    03-12-09 10:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD