TetherBerry has launched.

You can get your copy at:
    TetherBerry

Please note we currently do not support Macs, although some users have had success on Parallels and VM Ware.

Please review our Terms of Service:
    Terms of Service | TetherBerry

And review your carrier's contract.

We already started a thread pertaining to this service but only recently noticed it was posted under 3rd party applications for Storm. We would like to test on other phone models, so we are re-posting it here.
    Last edited by piwh1000; 03-13-09 at 06:13 PM.
    02-25-09 07:16 PM
    We are currently Beta Testing a tethering application which is faster, no connection limits and other benefits.

To try it out visit:
    Beta Test | TetherBerry

Please note we currently do not support Macs (although some users have had success on Parallels and VM Ware) or 64 bit machines. We are working hard to support both systems but at this time, we don't!

Please review our Terms of Service:
    Terms of Service | TetherBerry

And review your carrier's contract.
    tired on my moms cruve works great alittle more slower than my storm though
    We already started a thread pertaining to this service but only recently noticed it was posted under 3rd party applications for Storm. We would like to test on other phone models, so we are re-posting it here.
    tired on my moms cruve works great alittle more slower than my storm though
    02-25-09 07:50 PM
    just wondering what is the price on this app and can beta testers get it free just wanted to know becuase well... im only 15 and my mom wont use her credit card for everything(looking for a small part-time job though yet no one will hire a 15 year old) tired on my storm the pearl and the cruve the only problem was on the pearl a little triky to set up
    02-25-09 07:53 PM
    Downloaded the software and tried to install, but I got a message that the driver failed to install. I'm using Vista Home Premium 64 Bit.

Attachment 14912
    02-25-09 08:17 PM
    Downloaded the software and tried to install, but I got a message that the driver failed to install. I'm using Vista Home Premium 64 Bit.

Attachment 14912
    Doesn't support 64 bit as the OP stated.
    02-25-09 08:34 PM
    Doesn't support 64 bit as the OP stated.
    My bad. Mac jumped out but I missed the 64 Bit.
    02-25-09 08:37 PM
    Working hard to resolve the 64 bit issue.
    02-25-09 08:48 PM
    Working hard to resolve the 64 bit issue.
    Perfect! Anxiously awaiting......
    02-25-09 08:52 PM
    This is a good app for ppl with little or limited pc skills...just my 2 cents...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-25-09 11:53 PM
    Garbage. Tried setting up on XP and doesn't install correctly.
    02-26-09 12:32 AM
    First, thanks for the app and letting us try the beta, but I can't get it to work properly.
    AT&T Bold 9000. 4.6.0.237
    Windows Xp Home 32 bit.

I am certain I set it up correctly but something's not right. The pc program recognized that I am connected to BB. It is sending info to the BB, but when i turn off my wifi there is no data being sent from the bb to pc. when the wifi is turned on, and connected to my home network, data appears to be flowing back and forth from the pc to bb and vice versa. however, it is clearly using my wifi networks connection. went out of range with the antenna turned on and no internet.
    Anyway, can you walk me through what you think might be wrong or what to try?
    Thanks again.
    02-26-09 02:44 AM
    Go it working on my XP machine at work. Excellent program. A note of caution. You have to click exit in the Tetherberry program to end the connection. I tried to stop it by disabling the network connection and my PC rebooted.
    02-26-09 06:43 AM
    First, thanks for the app and letting us try the beta, but I can't get it to work properly.
    AT&T Bold 9000. 4.6.0.237
    Windows Xp Home 32 bit.

I am certain I set it up correctly but something's not right. The pc program recognized that I am connected to BB. It is sending info to the BB, but when i turn off my wifi there is no data being sent from the bb to pc. when the wifi is turned on, and connected to my home network, data appears to be flowing back and forth from the pc to bb and vice versa. however, it is clearly using my wifi networks connection. went out of range with the antenna turned on and no internet.
    Anyway, can you walk me through what you think might be wrong or what to try?
    Thanks again.
    Your wireless (on your computer) must be disabled before you start are program. Try rebooting your PC and removing the battery from your BB.
    02-26-09 07:15 AM
    Go it working on my XP machine at work. Excellent program. A note of caution. You have to click exit in the Tetherberry program to end the connection. I tried to stop it by disabling the network connection and my PC rebooted.
    I've added this to our bug tracking system.
    02-26-09 07:16 AM
    Garbage. Tried setting up on XP and doesn't install correctly.
    Could you provide more details on why it's not working? Did you get an error? What OS are you using?
    02-26-09 07:16 AM
    On my BB I'm on 4.5.0.124
    I installed it on my phone and on my comp and connected them obviously.
    And when I ran it on the PC it said something about not detected so I assumed its because the app wasn't opened on my phone, so when I opened the app it said something about port not found, I don't know I can't remember but I kept receiving the same message every second.
    02-26-09 10:44 AM
    I'm running a Storm on x.109. It worked perfectly for me... actually using it right now.

So exactly how does this work? I'm presuming it uses it's internet connection to connect to your server, you give it a DHCP address and redirect it through your network to the internet?

What kind of logs do you keep and how secure is your network?
    02-26-09 12:23 PM
    Thank you! It was very easy to get up and running. I had issues trying to tether thru AT&T for $$ so I was a little surprised this worked without me pulling my hair out =)
    02-26-09 02:10 PM
    Your wireless (on your computer) must be disabled before you start are program. Try rebooting your PC and removing the battery from your BB.
    Sorry, but I've done everything as stated, but the pc program is showing packets being sent but no data or packets being received.
    I will trying uninstalling the whole thing on both sides and trying again, but I could really use some help.
    Thanks,
    02-26-09 02:12 PM
    is it really any quicker than just tethering through desk top manager?
    02-26-09 02:54 PM
    Vast improvement, and much easier to set up.
    02-26-09 03:37 PM
    Hey Guys,

A lot of you either:
    A) having the application working awesome
    B) experiencing a lot of the same problems everyone else is experiencing

We have a new version coming out very soon which hopefully resolves a lot of the issues on 32 bit machines. Once it is available we will send you an update.

At this point - it doesn't really make sense for me to reply to each user because we believe most of the bugs are resolved.

Hopefully you do not mind waiting a little longer for our new version!
    Last edited by piwh1000; 02-26-09 at 04:45 PM.
    02-26-09 04:37 PM
    is it really any quicker than just tethering through desk top manager?
    It is quicker to physically do it this way, probably not quicker on the network, but it is big bang for the buck... like $30 of 'em.

Works great for me. I'd like to know how you do it though. It's apparent that we are connecting to a server and getting a specific IP address. I'd be interested in knowing how you do it. PM would be okay.
    02-26-09 06:29 PM
    Tried it with my Curve 8330. Everything went smooth and it connects every time. It's not as fast as when I was paying for tethering but sounds like it is free.
    02-27-09 08:43 AM
    Still waiting to get link for download. Can you please send. I signed up yesterday. Thanks!

[email protected]
    02-27-09 11:56 AM
193 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD