im currently tethering with verizon for 30 dollars a month. been looking at tetherberry, but recently read about tethering through bb desktop manager. read that u can configure ip somehow to teather for free. is this possible?
    04-02-10 10:31 AM
    Yes it is. I've done it with mine. You have to have desktop manager 5.0+ I believe. Connect your blackberry, open up dm. Click ip modem. click configure and go through setup. After, click connect to internet and you should be ready. Leave dm open though. It should say how much kb you've used.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-02-10 10:56 AM
    It is not free with verizon, they charge something like $15 a month for the service. Get tetherberry.
    04-02-10 02:22 PM
    It is not free with verizon, they charge something like $15 a month for the service. Get tetherberry.

so if i connect with tetherberry or verizon wont know how much data im using?
    04-11-10 11:53 AM
    im using the free trail from tetherberry now. just trying to gauge my options
    04-11-10 05:26 PM
    they will know how much data you are using but they will think the data you are using is on your blackberry.. not anything about it being tethered to a computer.
    04-11-10 05:49 PM
    hmm guess ill have to get the extra tethering add on from verizon then
    04-11-10 06:34 PM
    hmm guess ill have to get the extra tethering add on from verizon then
    You are limited to 5 GB per month while tethered if you pay VZW the monthly tethering fee. Just a head's up.

Your Blackberry plan is unlimited data (for the handheld only)

You can read between the lines
    04-11-10 06:42 PM
    You are limited to 5 GB per month while tethered if you pay VZW the monthly tethering fee. Just a head's up.

Your Blackberry plan is unlimited data (for the handheld only)

You can read between the lines

i thought the blackberry plan was for up to 5 gb's as well?
    04-11-10 07:00 PM
    i thought the blackberry plan was for up to 5 gb's as well?
    I haven't looked at a bill in awhile (my wife handles all that), but last time I looked it said, "Blackberry Unlimited Data Plan."

This is for the bb device only, mind you.
    04-11-10 07:05 PM
    looking at the vw site it seems you might be right
    04-11-10 07:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD