Has anyone used Tether Berry on the Verizon Wireless BOLD? Can i use the phone while im using tether berry? And verizon said my 30 dollar unlimited data plan is unlimited...is that true(no hidden cap)? And does anyone know where i can get it a lil bit cheaper?
    Any pros or cons?
    Thanks
    06-22-10 07:25 PM
    I think "unlimited" means 5 gigs per month... and then you'll get a notice.

Tetherberry works wonderfully. I'm just a novice, so it required no technical expertise at all. I've transferred it from one phone to another (curve, then tour, then curve again, then on the Bold 9650)... all great!

Tetherbery goes "on sale" for half price every so often.
    06-22-10 08:02 PM
    have u ever been charged? how often could i use it? is 5 gig a lot?
    06-22-10 08:10 PM
    The caution: Using the Tether program may in fact violate your Verizon terms of service. Folks use it but the 5gigs of data is NOT intended for use by devices other than the phone. So while many use it, you may want to make sure you don't overdo the use.
    06-22-10 08:12 PM
    5 GB is enough for basic web surfing and email. Limited pics and small files. Dont use it for music and video downloading and dont use it for your only internet connection (just as back up) and your good to go
    06-22-10 08:16 PM
    ok. im not gonna use it too much. haha. Does it work well?
    And i did call VZW to verify the 5gb theory. The rep said i can use as much data on my bb as i want..i asked him if there was a "5gb limit" and he said no. His respone - "you pay $30 a month, u can use it as much as you want, its unlimited"
    06-22-10 08:29 PM
    And i did call VZW to verify the 5gb theory. The rep said i can use as much data on my bb as i want..i asked him if there was a "5gb limit" and he said no. His respone - "you pay $30 a month, u can use it as much as you want, its unlimited"
    Yes, your data is indeed unlimited for your phone only. The 5gb limit is for tethering thru the verizon service. As was mentioned already if you don't go nuts you won't draw attention to yourself. I've been using pdanet and tether for almost a year with no ill effects. I have never gone over 4gb so far and see no reason to. It's a great app. Try to wait for a sale. I've heard it was either on sale now or going on sale. Keep an eye out.
    06-22-10 08:43 PM
    use of tethering is a direct violation of your terms of service... no matter what amount of data is downloaded.... anyone who even mentions 5GB clearly does not know anything about this issue..

direct from verizon terms of service..

Unlimited Smartphone and BlackBerry Plans and Features
    These Wireless Email plans and features cannot be used: (1) for access to the Internet, intranets or other data networks except as the device�s native applications and capabilities permit, unless you subscribe to Mobile Broadband Connect; or (2) for any applications that tether your device to laptops or personal computers other than for use of the Wireless Sync or the BlackBerry solution, unless you subscribe to Mobile Broadband Connect.

You go ahead and do what you want... just dont complain when your phone is summarily disconnected without warning.

06-23-10 05:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD