Hello,

I was wondering has anyone used the tetherberry program before? It looks reallys neat, but with the price, I do not want to buy it if it does not work that well.

I understand it allows you to access the internet on your computer. I currently have Verizon, and I know they will allow you to do this to, but they charge you $55 a month or something along that. With this program, will Verizon be charging me the $55 a month or does it sneak around that?

Also, won't verizon notice my data usage go way up and therefore bill me more?

Let me know if you know any of these answers! have a good one
    03-10-09 11:46 PM
    I don't have verizon so I can't speak as to whether you still need to get tethering. But I would say that if you have unlimited data there is nothing they can do.

Its my understanding this program was created as a way around paying for the tethering service. So instead of paying monthly you would pay once.

Am I right about this guys?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-10-09 11:51 PM
    Correct. It does not put your phone in modem-mode like normal tethering does but instead routes the internet connection through your phone.

Verizon is "unlimited" aka 5 GB a month. Don't go over that and you'll probably go unnoticed.
    03-11-09 12:05 AM
    You'd be correct.

It basically works the same way as tethering, but uses the internal connection versus the tethering connection, which avoids the tethering charges.
    03-11-09 12:08 AM
    does anyone know if sprint's unlimited is really "unlimited" ??
    03-11-09 12:20 AM
    I think I saw someone post that Sprint's unlimited is just that.

I have TMO which has unlimited tethering. However, the connections were always balky. With TB, I never lose a connection, so that IMHO is worth the price.
    03-11-09 06:54 AM
    I just set it up yesterday and it is great. I did have an issue due to the tremendous response but both Quark E and Tetherberry have great cust service, their response was quick and to the point. I think it's worth the $
    03-11-09 07:00 AM
    does anyone know if sprint's unlimited is really "unlimited" ??
    Sprint is now 5gb also.
    03-11-09 03:46 PM
    I just set it up yesterday and it is great. I did have an issue due to the tremendous response but both Quark E and Tetherberry have great cust service, their response was quick and to the point. I think it's worth the $
    Did the Beta test, and just purchased and I'm using it right now. An awesome program.
    03-11-09 05:24 PM
    Works simply and quickly for me!
    03-13-09 10:58 AM
    I was a beta tester as well...worked great for me! Just placed my order and downloading it!
    03-13-09 11:26 AM
    I'm on it now and love it... except for when it was launched I have had no problems using it!!
    03-13-09 12:56 PM
    Has anyone been charged from Verizon for using this?
    11-30-09 04:40 PM
    I have T-MO too, and was strtongly considering trying this. Glad to hear that my unlimited data plan is really unlimited. I think tetherberry will come in really handy for work!

11-30-09 04:46 PM
    The contract you have probably states that the "unlimited" data is for your handheld device and specifically excludes a thethered device. I'm not saying that you can't get away with it as many people do. But be aware that if your carrier wants to get hard nosed, that they can nail you for data charges if they can some how prove that the data you used was for a tethered device.

11-30-09 05:24 PM
    We used it for several months on alltel and never had any different charges. I think it is a what they don't know don't hurt them thing. We just switched to Verizon and I upgraded to a Storm 2 also from an 8830. The program worked great before but it is even better now on speed. I use it to VPN and do tech support work from anywhere I get service. The connection speed is basically a low end broadband connection if I were to compare it on speed but just works awesome in airports or driving down the interstate. It has saved my bacon several times on issues from the office. You do have to register your phone pin and can easily change it online. I only wish they had a spot in there to name the individual pins - I have 3 phones on it and I don't know what pin is what when it comes to changing.

I see that it is $24.95 today and it is a well worth it program if you will use it. There is a trial also that is full use for 10 days.

My take anyways...
    11-30-09 05:52 PM
    i have att. i had a blackjack2 and had a program that i could tether without them knowing. has anyone used this program on att. i do have the 30 dollar blackberry plan, but was wondering if anyone has used this on att and have got away with this. thanks!
    11-30-09 06:16 PM
    I have the 8350i (Blackberry with Nextel Direct Connect). Has anyone used TetherBerry successfully with this phone or have their been issues. I understand that it may not work with this version (the IDEN netwrok). Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
    03-31-10 03:27 PM
    I am curious as to whether this works on Verizon Wireless. I currently pay for their Mobile Broadband Connect plan which limits me to 5GB a month. My concern is that my contract says that my unlimited data plan is only for the device not for any tethered equipment. Also, how is the speed? With VZW as long as I have a signal I can connect regardless of the signal strength; my speed is dependent on the network traffic. Is it the same with TB?
    Last edited by tmgmnw; 04-24-10 at 07:14 AM.
    04-24-10 03:15 AM
    Sprint is now 5gb also.
    Actually, Sprint's unlimited data plan does NOT cap at any amount...unlimited data is exactly that, unlimited

04-24-10 05:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD