Did a quick search and found a lot of info but not the specific thing I am looking for, so don't shoot me if I am asking a question that has already been answered.

1. Will the tether function be an app to add to your phone or will it come as part of the OS? (I don't think that would work cause newer OS isn't supported by all phones, but if I knew I wouldn't ask. )

2. Is there already some type of app like this that I have missed?

The reason I ask is cause my BB is on Bes and we can add apps, but upgrading the OS is a completely different story.

Thanks,
    11-28-10 08:51 AM
    You will have to install an app. It should be compatible with any OS 5 device or newer. I don't expect you'll need an OS update, but it hasn't be confirmed.
    11-28-10 03:13 PM
    I know I have read somewhere that an app will have to be installed. I can see on future os updates the feature being built right into the app.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-28-10 04:25 PM
    You will have to install an app. It should be compatible with any OS 5 device or newer. I don't expect you'll need an OS update, but it hasn't be confirmed.
    Are you sure? I tethered my Torch to my computer and the only things I needed were my phone, my computer, a cord, and desktop manager... I know that there are apps for tethering but I thought those were for carrier-undetected or faster tethering, so I just want to make sure you're sure about that...
    11-28-10 05:27 PM
    Are you sure? I tethered my Torch to my computer and the only things I needed were my phone, my computer, a cord, and desktop manager... I know that there are apps for tethering but I thought those were for carrier-undetected or faster tethering, so I just want to make sure you're sure about that...
    You're correct for the basic data access aspect of tethering. I tether to my laptop without requiring anything on my phone. The PB however is designed to integrate with native apps, things like contacts/calendar/BBM/etc. That sort of integration is not a built-in part of BlackBerry OS.
    11-28-10 05:49 PM
    Did a quick search and found a lot of info but not the specific thing I am looking for, so don't shoot me if I am asking a question that has already been answered.

1. Will the tether function be an app to add to your phone or will it come as part of the OS? (I don't think that would work cause newer OS isn't supported by all phones, but if I knew I wouldn't ask. )

2. Is there already some type of app like this that I have missed?

The reason I ask is cause my BB is on Bes and we can add apps, but upgrading the OS is a completely different story.

Thanks,
    1. It will be built in
    2. Yes, "tether" the application but it is strictly for using your internet connection from your berry on your laptop, not for paiting bbm calendar etc
    11-30-10 04:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD