I have a 9700 but use older desktop manager 4.2 because of older contact software. Is it possible to use this combo as a modem? I have all the software loaded connections correct and after I connect for a few seconds the connection fails.
    01-30-10 07:18 AM
    Welcome to CB! I'll be honest with you, I don't use DM 4.2 but I'd suggest you upgrade to the latest DM v5.0.1 which is what I use. At times it kicks me out but I don't know why. Sometimes I can go for hours browsing the internet, talking on the phone, receiving calls, and texting my friends/family without any issues. I tether 100% of the time. If that doesn't work out for you, invest about $50(one time charge) for the Tether app(formerly TetherBerry). Frankly, I believe Tether works best for me but I haven't purchased it yet. Sometimes you can get it for $25 on the Crackberry store.
    01-30-10 07:56 AM
    Thanks,
    I got it working. I need the old software because of my "Lotus Organizer" contact program with thousands of contacts. It is one of my best business tools. I am testing as well at this time.
    01-30-10 08:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD