Hi. I hope someone might be able to help me out here. I have an AT&T 8310 Curve with OS4.5 and unlimited data plan. The GPS in my device works fine: I can get a location lock with the BB itself, and amAze knows exactly where I am using the GPS. However, when I run Tellme, and tell it to "Get GPS" to find where I am, I get the message "GPS unavailable."

What's a little strange though is that the message comes up immediately after I initiate the command. This makes me wonder if it's a permissions problem, rather than a GPS signal problem (if the GPS signals were weak, wouldn't it take a few moments to tell me unavailable? Even so, I get a signal from 7 satellites where I'm sitting right now.)

Has anyone encountered this? Tellme's website doesn't have any information about this, a Google search doesn't help much, and I couldn't find any relevant thread here.

Thoughts?
    04-23-09 07:48 AM
    Its either the permissions or you could run another app with GPS to initiate the location first. For example I use GPS Tracker but it doesn't find my location untill I run Google Maps. Also remember to be in clear view of the sky.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-23-09 08:25 AM
    Can you tell me where to look to see if permissions are correct, and what they should be?
    04-23-09 08:29 AM
    Options > Security Options > Application Permissions
    Go down to the app and select Edit Permissions.
    I normally set Allow to everything to ALL my applications so I never have a problem with them

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-23-09 08:55 AM
    Thanks for the effort, but it didn't help
    04-23-09 09:08 AM
    Try to uninstall and reinstall the app.
    Also go to your Options and find the GPS and make sure its on and click Find Me to see if its a problem with your GPS antenna.
    04-23-09 10:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD