Does BlackBerry Protect drain the battery?

Where is the info saved?

Will it soon be able to backup all device data? Media card?
    06-21-12 10:50 PM
    Shouldn't drain it much, even set to once a day. You can have it only work via Wi-Fi.

On a RIM cloud up in the sky.

Probably not since it gets all key data now, probably yes.
    06-21-12 10:57 PM
    Go to the BB protect website, everything is on there you need to know too
    06-22-12 03:30 AM
    Been using it since I had my Tour. Never noticed where it drained the battery to any noticeable degree.

You can limit what's backed up as well so as to limit battery use. So for example to me the absolute most important thing it backs up is contacts.

So under options for what to back up one could uncheck everything except contacts.

Sent from my BlackBerry Bold 9930 using Tapatalk
    06-22-12 03:38 AM
    Thanks. I'm going to try it on different settings and watch it. I would love if it backed up the entire phone data and settings. Maybe even apps.
    06-23-12 10:52 AM
    BB Protect is a good SECONDARY backup. You really should do a full backup at least once a week to make sure you don't lose any important info. Even with GPS on(for locating if lost) there really is no real drain. Turning GPS off to save juice is throwing away half the app. Set it to back up while charging overnight in either 3G or wifi- it only takes a couple of minutes and no battery if its charging.
    06-23-12 12:49 PM
    Oh I do a full backup every week using Desktop Manager of course. I'm just thinking that if I'm away from my PC and I need to restore. Or backup. I like OTA options.
    06-23-12 01:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD