Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default TeeDroid Caddy - mobile golf caddying application looking for testers

We are looking for some beta testers for TeeDroid Caddy, it is a mobile golf caddying application and golfers network. It not only gives you the distances to the green, but also tracks your golf game and syncs the data with the TeeDroid site. As a member you can then view and analyze your statistics on the site.

TeeDroid Caddy

We will keep adding features to both the mobile application and to the web site to keep improving the service. Some of the future enhancements include handicap calculation, connecting with golfing buddies, comparing stats and rounds, club distance statistics, and landmarks. Members can also request features.

You can read the instructions and see screen shots in the BlackBerry How To: TeeDroid Blackberry How To

What we want now is fresh sets of eyes to give us feedback on the application. Please fill out the beta tester application: TeeDroid Beta Test to get a spot.

Hope to see you out on the course!
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #2  

Default TeeDroid Caddy - mobile golf caddy instructional video

I have put an instructional video on the site so you can get a better understanding of the TeeDroid Caddy features. View the video

The beta program is still open and free, please signup for the TeeDroid Beta Test and give us your feedback. You can earn rewards during the beta and beyond to continue using TeeDroid for free.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Default New features

TeeDroid has been updated with new features:

On the Blackberry side:
    1. Manual Scoring mode - don't want to track your game stroke by stroke, you can now enter score/putts/gir etc manually for each hole and post the scores to the server. Has access to same on course features as Play by Play tracking such as distance to front, middle, back of green; hole advice, statistics, etc.
    2. Quick go to hole feature - skip directly to a hole.
    3. Display clock in title bar during round play.
    4. In Play by Play statistics tracking mode shot type has been added - now you have the ability to track distance by type (full, punch, chip, pitch etc).

On the website:
    1) Added course search, you can now easily search for a course by name, city, state (US), and country. Over 170 courses in the system already.
    2) Additional putting stats available through Play by Play - distribution of putts (in hole, short, past hole etc), and putts made by distance - see an example from a round I played.

These are just some of the features added recently. You can still join the free beta, so come on over and join our growing community of golfers.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

Default Landmarks etc features added

Landmarks have now been added as an on course feature. You can now get the distance to an unlimited number of landmarks for a hole. View a golf course landmarks example.

Also added a Play-by-Play tracker to the rounds page (see example from a golf round I played), as well as putts entry improvement. You can read all about the new features on the news page.

The software is very stable and ready for release, which means that in the coming days we will end the beta. So if you would like to get in on the beta before it ends fill out a beta application.

Good luck out on the course!
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

Default TeeDroid Mobile Golf Caddy Release

TeeDroid has now been released and beta testing is closed.

Just head over and register your account to get access to the most innovative golf caddying product for Blackberry phones.

Not only do you get on course distances and statistics, but you also get access to your statistics online and can compare them to your golf career. As a member you will get access to all new updates and features as they are added.

Get your own version of the PGATour.com shot tracker (tm) - the TeeDroid Play-by-Play round view (example from round I played). Great stats aren't just for the pro's anymore - plus you can share them, check out my TeeDroid member profile.

See you out on the course!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Still looking for a Beta Tester?

I play golf usually 2x/week, sometimes more. I own a SkyCaddie G5 and would be interested in testing this out because of the score tracking capabilities and stats.

I live in Atlanta and play numerous courses in and around the metro area.

If the offer still stands let me know.

Best regards,

John
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

Quote Originally Posted by Golf_All_Day View Post
    I play golf usually 2x/week, sometimes more. I own a SkyCaddie G5 and would be interested in testing this out because of the score tracking capabilities and stats.

I live in Atlanta and play numerous courses in and around the metro area.

If the offer still stands let me know.

Best regards,

John
    John,

we have released the product now, however if you would like to try it out go register for an account at TeeDroid Mobile Phone Golf Caddy System. It comes with a 15 day trial so you can test it out before you make a decision. After registering you will be able to download the application OTA or a zip file to use with the BlackBerry desktop manager.

You can search for courses and preview the coordinates for a course online. If you do not find the course you want you can map them yourself or request them to be mapped for you.

Best regards,

Finn
    CrackBerry User

This looks interesting. I play 2 rounds a week, but that won't be happening till atleast May. I will check this app out once I can get on a course.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    61 Global Posts

Default Any Luck on the Storm

I was actually working with a possible developer for such a thing until we found your program. I really like the data for each club. I think every golfer could utilize this information. I have a skycaddie, and love it. But....if it had the shot tracking and statistics...well...that's a no brainer.

So the question is...does it work with the Storm?
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Teedroid

This software TOTALLY rocks.
    It is without a doubt the single best piece of software I have found for my BlackBerry . . and almost the reason I upgarded my blackBerry

I use it with a GPS puck on an 8120 in the UK and it has been superb!
    Excellent work - thanks!