I hope I am posting this in the correct area, please move it if it is not in the correct forum...

I don't believe this!!! Since purchasing my 8900, I have been told that the YahooGo! mobile app is not supproted/available for my device. I would have to wait for the NEW Beta to come out for testing if I wanted it. I signed up a few months ago and waited.

Today, this is what I received via email from an AUTOMATED Yahoo mail delivery service...

Yahoo! has decided to cease development of the Yahoo! Mobile smartphone app
    effective Wednesday, May 20th. So you will not be provided access to the
    beta program for this product.

For the time being, we will be focusing our efforts on the newly-launched
    Yahoo! Mobile experience for browsers (available at new.m.yahoo.com) and
    for the iPhone (available via the Apple App Store).

We really want to thank you for your interest in being a beta tester. The
    feedback we receive during these programs is extremely helpful in improving
    the customer experience across all of Yahoo!s mobile products.

In the meantime, stay tuned for more exciting new mobile product releases
    from Yahoo!. Theres a lot coming and we want to hear your feedback!

Many thanks,
    The Yahoo! Mobile team

I have been a loyal Yahoo user for years, then was forced in January to start using the Google mobile app due to the new BlackBerry purchase. Now look what I get. Ugh. Why lead everyone on... (I always had access to the web app. Nothing new.)
    05-18-09 07:35 AM
    lol ok count from 1-10 and BREEEAAATH
    see i bet you feel better already
    05-18-09 07:39 AM
    lol ok count from 1-10 and BREEEAAATH
    see i bet you feel better already
    Yes, I am resigned to the fact now. Your signature describes ME perfectly for BELIEVING in Yahoo. LOL.
    05-18-09 07:42 AM
    I got the same email this morning. I had signed up for beta testing a new Yahoo! email app for BB. The explanation that they're using their resources to work on "newly-launched Yahoo! Mobile experience for browsers" is not very encouraging, as I see nothing of interest there. Bummer. I've liked Yahoo! for a long time, in spite of Google's popularity, which I still don't understand.
    05-18-09 08:04 AM
    I hope I am posting this in the correct area, please move it if it is not in the correct forum...

I don't believe this!!! Since purchasing my 8900, I have been told that the YahooGo! mobile app is not supproted/available for my device. I would have to wait for the NEW Beta to come out for testing if I wanted it. I signed up a few months ago and waited.

Today, this is what I received via email from an AUTOMATED Yahoo mail delivery service...

Yahoo! has decided to cease development of the Yahoo! Mobile smartphone app
    effective Wednesday, May 20th. So you will not be provided access to the
    beta program for this product.

For the time being, we will be focusing our efforts on the newly-launched
    Yahoo! Mobile experience for browsers (available at new.m.yahoo.com) and
    for the iPhone (available via the Apple App Store).

We really want to thank you for your interest in being a beta tester. The
    feedback we receive during these programs is extremely helpful in improving
    the customer experience across all of Yahoo!s mobile products.

In the meantime, stay tuned for more exciting new mobile product releases
    from Yahoo!. Theres a lot coming and we want to hear your feedback!

Many thanks,
    The Yahoo! Mobile team

I have been a loyal Yahoo user for years, then was forced in January to start using the Google mobile app due to the new BlackBerry purchase. Now look what I get. Ugh. Why lead everyone on... (I always had access to the web app. Nothing new.)
    I'm sick of people pandering to the iPhone. If the curve (in all it's iterations) outsold the iPhone last quarter, why does everybody get all geeky about it and ONLY do development for that "lofty" platform? Yahoo sucks anyway and will probably be out of business/consumed by Microsoft within the year anyway.
    05-18-09 08:10 AM
    Same here... The anger sharks are swimming in my head LOL!!! Ill get over it though
    05-18-09 08:12 AM
    I'm sick of people pandering to the iPhone. If the curve (in all it's iterations) outsold the iPhone last quarter, why does everybody get all geeky about it and ONLY do development for that "lofty" platform? Yahoo sucks anyway and will probably be out of business/consumed by Microsoft within the year anyway.
    I don't get it. Not sure what the iPhone has to do with this... but OK I'll bite..

But, I do agree that Yahoo needs to step up their game. Checking the Bloomberg stats for them is NOT encouraging. I have to admit I still miss my YahoGo! on my previous BlackBerry. LOL.
    05-18-09 08:24 AM
    More people actually using it on the iPhone... not much action from the BB world... so they rather keep it web based for all other smartphones and continue with the app for the iPhone.
    05-18-09 09:51 AM
    More people actually using it on the iPhone... not much action from the BB world... so they rather keep it web based for all other smartphones and continue with the app for the iPhone.
    Hopefully that means they are working on push notifications for the iPhone
    05-18-09 09:52 AM
    oh, OK. That makes things clear to me. I am a BlackBerry lover, and never had experience with an iPhone, so I didn't even know the ratio of users of YahooGo! services between the different devices.

At least they could try to update the YahooGo! 3, for 4.6+ devices, instead of scrapping the new Beta, AND leaving 4.6+ users without an app.

I miss it.
    05-18-09 10:10 AM
    I really wouldn't be that upset about it. Yahoo Go is/was a POS and a memory hog. I stopped even thinking about it when for some inexplicable reason they took the address book sync functionality out of their latest version.
    05-18-09 10:27 AM
    I really wouldn't be that upset about it. Yahoo Go is/was a POS and a memory hog.
    Bezactly. Couldn't have said it better myself.
    05-18-09 10:50 AM
    Agreed, I deleted yahoo go like 2 days after i got my BB, and deleted deleted Viigo like 3 days later
    05-19-09 11:15 AM
    I never used yahoo go to begin with.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-19-09 11:20 AM
    I use Yahoo Mail only because it is the only free mail service that offers true two-way reconciliation for my inbox. If I read it or delete in on the BB, it happens in my web mailbox. If I read or delete it in the web mailbox, it shows read or is deleted from the BB.

I have to say I am very frustrated not being able to sync my contacts and calendar OTA. I've partially gotten around the calendar issue by subscribing to my Google calendar in my Yahoo calendar and syncing the BB to my Google calendar. But I shouldn't have to do this. As much as I prefer the Yahoo Mail interface to Google's, if Google ever gets their OTA reconciliation working, I'll be switching.
    05-24-09 11:24 AM
    i installed Yahoo Go last night. It reminds me of TweetGenius, your icons scroll, etc, but you have to go through so many loopholes, ESPECIALLY if you want to connect to FaceBook, which is the ONLY social application that works.

But on the mobile site, you can log in and see your facebook and twitter feeds, its pretty damn sweet.

Other than that, you aren't missing anything.
    05-24-09 12:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD