Hello Everyone,

TaskJot (Formerly known as ToodledoBB) was released today by Fieldstone Software, LLC.

TaskJot is a Toodledo.com syncing app that works on most devices (OS 4.2.1 and higher) and most wireless carriers. It supports almost all the features of Toodledo.

Don't take my word for it though. Go download the free trial and let us know what you think.

Find out more about Toodledo on your Blackberry with TaskJot by going to TaskJot - Task Management Solution for your Blackberry Phone

You can download the trial here:

http://www.taskjot.com/download/TaskJot.jad

Go there with your Blackberry browser and it will download and install over the air. You can also install it using desktop manager. If you need help with that process, send us a note on the site.

Thanks to Toodledo for making such a great web application to synchronize with. This solution is perfect for so many people just like myself.

JR Lawhorne
    Founder
    Fieldstone Software, LLC
    08-01-09 11:28 PM
    I'm sorry, maybe I'm a bit of a twit, but thirty dollars for an application that basically is just a sync with somebody else's website? Am I missing something here?
    08-02-09 03:19 AM
    That price is just silly. Let us know when its on sale for $4.99. Better yet, ill keep using reQall, for freeeeeeeee!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-02-09 04:38 AM
    There should really be a free/lite version available. And the trial should be extended to 30 days.

With all the other todo/GTD options out there, this is EXTREMELY pricey.
    08-02-09 08:33 AM
    Thanks all for your feedback.

People want to be able to manage their task list on their computer while at their desk and have those tasks seamlessly sync to their Blackberry for when they're on the go. What good is your task list if you can't use it everywhere easily? Personally, I would rather use a full sized keyboard to manage my tasks when I'm at my desk. I also want my task list with me on my BB when I'm on the go. That, in a nutshell, is the value of TaskJot.

Web interfaces and thin clients to online services are annoyingly slow and often don't work. They certainly don't work when you don't have a signal. To solve that problem, TaskJot had to be a stand-alone application that works all the time, connection or not. TaskJot only needs a network connection to sync. You can continue using it when you're out of range, on the subway, wherever. When you're back in range, it will sync your changes.

On top of the functional value TaskJot offers, the support behind it is phenomenal. Try us. Do the free and cheap apps come with that?

We like cheap and free just as much as anyone and there are several of those apps out there. A year ago when I needed a GTD app, I didn't find any of those free or cheap apps suited my needs. Even the most expensive apps didn't suite my needs. That's why I decided to create TaskJot and form a team to support its users. Its not just another GTD app. Go get the free trial and use it a couple weeks. Then, comment on its value.

www.taskjot.com/download/TaskJot.jad

Best,

JR Lawhorne
    Founder
    Fieldstone Software, LLC
    08-02-09 01:51 PM
    The price is a little excessive if we compare it to iPhone apps. There are some amazing GTD apps for the iPhone at 9.99 or less (Things, Omnifocus, Todo, Toodledo, etc)

The price for TaskJot is appropriate because it is a blackberry app. There are other task applications like Task Master that charge $20 or Todo Matrix that charge $60. None of them sync to Toodledo.

I use Toodledo because I did not find a decent GTD app for Windows. I wish I could use a Mac at work! There are some AMAZING GTD apps for OS X.

I downloaded the TaskJot trial and think it is a good effort. Better than most of the competition. I would like to see the application improved: Have a note icon show up if the task has a note, align the icons with the text in the edit screen, have the day in the date picker, use more color, and pretty up the edit screen to at least look like the stock BB task app or Pocket Day's task edit screen (I have OS 4.7 and in the edit screen the task is bold faced and enclosed by a box, separated from the rest of the details which are also enclosed by boxes). Just little things that make applications look more polished and professional. Love the shortcuts!

I did encounter a bug with the app and have emailed support about it.

I also own Pocket Informant so I will make a decision when they release their 2.0 version which might included toodledo sync.

Finally, to the people always complaining about price: Are you willing to work for free or minimum wage? Developers should also be compensated for their efforts.
    Last edited by maczealot; 08-02-09 at 05:50 PM.
    08-02-09 05:45 PM
    I have been a Toodledo user for quite awhile. I trust it with my complete task list. It is full featured and a pleasure to use. It allows me to use a variety of ways to track a task, project, note or goal.
    The one drawback before Taskjot was having to sign on through web to access my list. With the new Taskjot I have my list with me with a couple trackball presses. I can add, delete, change, using my Contexts, Folders and Goals.
    I too was a little leary of price, but having tried the trial, found it worked where others failed. I forgot the price issue once I realized the convenience. I have tried just about every Task app. available, from Desktop free (RTM,) to Online paid (PocketInformant $29.99) and this is the first one that keeps me coming back to it to actually manage my tasks. A task manager is only as good as the time you actually use it. Too many times using other TM's I would still keep tasks in my head because it was a hassle to input it.
    I realize a paid app. is not for everybody, but for personal, business (Sales) and GTD use, I find it the best task manager for me.
    Rather than complain about the price, try it first, you may come to the same conclusion.
    08-02-09 06:32 PM
    It's a nice application... really like it but I don't like the price. Right now I'm comparing this program with google tasks to decide which I like the best.

Thanks for allowing the trial, 30 days would have been idea!
    08-02-09 06:39 PM
    well it didn't take me long to decide- I don't like Google Task and I don't want to pay for something I already have on my BB... going to stick with BB Task. It's simple and to the point plus it's integrated with my calendar. I'm not really interested in syncing my task online ect... so I personally wouldn't benefit using TaskJot
    08-02-09 07:15 PM
    Looks okay...but with Google and Soocial offering this for free, 30 bux is a tough sale.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-02-09 07:32 PM
    After using Outlook Tasks for years and not being happy, I then tried other programs and then Web based solutions. After using Remember the Milk for a little while I then discovered Toodledo and have found it to be the best solution for myself. The only thing missing was a Blackberry app to support it and now I am in bliss having TaskJot.

PS.. Just heard they have lowered their initial pricing
    08-03-09 06:13 PM
    We did an informal survey with our trusty beta testing group and based on their responses, we made some adjustments to our pricing and features for the versions.

Of course, you can try TaskJot for a couple weeks free. Then, the standard version starts at $14.95. Pro adds the ability to work with sub-tasks, a few more views, and task search for $24.95.
    08-03-09 10:57 PM
    Also, one thing folks should consider when comparing the cost of iPhone apps with those for BB is the fact that competition forces Apple developers to artificially deflate their prices.

In other words, the economies of supply and demand play a huge role in price discrepancies.
    08-06-09 04:27 PM
    The glaring missing feature is no alarm, or integration with Profiles.
    09-28-09 10:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD