I've been reading through the forums, and I may already have my answer, but....

Looking for suggestion on a task management program.
    I manage 5 separate projects, but am really just looking for personal responsibilities, don't need to assign tasks to others.

A few key requirements:
    -40% of time on PC, 40% on BB, 20% Mac. So while I greatly prefer desktop app to a web app, I haven't seen a good cross platform piece of software.
    -Need to be able to customize reminders, and need to be able to set variable "sleep time" when messages pop up
    - I'd prefer a program that can nest sub-tasks, so for project 1, task A might have subtask i,ii, iii, etc.
    - This is probably asking too much, but it'd be nice to have a way to set up talking points for specific people (topics to cover the next time we have a phone call)

The two leading candidates are ToDo Matrix and Remember the Milk, but I dunno, they just don't seem perfect, so I thought I would check around for other ideas and suggestions, or further reviews

Thanks!
    06-30-08 07:51 AM
    I use ToDoMatrix.

1) It's good, but doesn't link to outlook tasks (yet... they are adding this feature soon).

2) I'm a busy project manager and I like my tasks easy and fast to get entered. Sometimes, just an idea catcher. This software is "good", but I'm lazy I guess because I'd like it faster.

3) Back to point #1... because it doesn't link to Outlook... When assigning tasks the status of those tasks never gets updated on the ToDoMatrix/Blackberry. I found myself emailing delegates for updates.

So... It's a good program, but needs to link to delegates and my desktop PC more seemlessly.

Cheers.
    06-30-08 08:02 AM
    That's kinda what I figured, esp on the desktop integration.

Maybe it's just me, but I find web apps to be so lacking relative to dedicated applications. The convenience is great when you need to borrow someone else's machine, or for cross platform, but in general that's where web apps should reside - as a last resort, not as a primary interface...

So if I'm looking for reminders at the office, I would need to rely on the BB, since nothing would sync to a desktop popup? I'm trying to guess whether that would be a boon or detractor...
    06-30-08 08:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD