is there an app for task or to do list (or some specific setting i am missing) that shows up on your bb calendar and automatically roll over to the next day of your calendar... everyday until you check it off?

i use my calendar more as a to do list, but i end up having to move them to the next day...sometimes for 10 or 12 days in a row before i finally check them off.

palm had a setting for task that allowed this. any suggestions would be appeciated.
    10-11-10 07:49 PM
    is there an app for task or to do list (or some specific setting i am missing) that shows up on your bb calendar and automatically roll over to the next day of your calendar... everyday until you check it off?.
    Not aware of way to do this with native BB calendar and task app but both Pocket Informant and Calendar Pro handle this nicely - both offer free trials

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-11-10 10:01 PM
    I think OS6 shows tasks in the calendar. There's a checkbox for it anyway.
    I never use the tasks app tho.
    10-12-10 01:51 PM
    Tasks can indeed be shown in native calendar - but as far as I can tell they do NOT "rollover" as the original post requested. Rather they are only visible on their due date. If you create a task without a due date, it does not show up in the calendar, only in the task app. So if one wants to use dated tasks on their calendar, unfortunately you need a 3rd party app like Pocket Informant or Calendar Pro.

10-12-10 06:54 PM
    I have been looking for this feature. Palm had a great app in that regard. I will schedule a task with a number of repeats then delete once it is done. A poor work around.
    B B

10-13-10 09:16 AM
    I have been looking for this feature. Palm had a great app in that regard. I will schedule a task with a number of repeats then delete once it is done. A poor work around.
    B B
    I use undated tasks as a kind of general to-do list, and dated tasks (due date only; never bother with start date) for stuff that needs to be done on a certain day. coming from a WinDoze phone I had used Pocket Informant (PI) on that platform extensively (and before Calendar Pro) and really liked the degree of customization in PI as well as the ability to view both overdue tasks, and those due on a given day, right below my calendar events in either program - accomplishing what I think chiplatham meant by "automatically roll over to the next day of your calendar"

I am currently using Pocket Informant for the BB and like it OK - not as visually pleasing as the stock BB torch calendar, nor as customizable as the WinDoze version, and am having some issues with crashes, but I really need it givne the way I use tasks. Added bonus is that with the lack of a today view in BB that includes tasks, Pocket Informant's Today view works as a nice substitute - albeit not on the home screen, just within the app (but I set convenience key to the app, and then can access the today screen with an additional button press within the app).

I briefly tried Calendar Pro on the BB, but currently there is no way to hide undated tasks in the calendar - and it has some problems running on the torch (eg non-functioning on-screen buttons), although an update is expected soon. Also does not currently have an integrated search feature, nor the abiliy to convert tasks to events and vice-versa (which PI does).

both programs sync with default BB calendar and task database, so that I can sync BB database via USB or Bluetooth with Outlook on my laptop - effectively syncing the app to outlook.
    Last edited by somainer; 10-13-10 at 10:29 AM.
    10-13-10 10:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD