CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    377 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Tapatalk sells out end users

Tapatalk's latest update allows forum operators to eliminate the auto signature feature in your app, even if you have it set to auto send your signature. Tech from Tapatalk said the forum operators threatened to yank tapatalk if they didn't, So what about all of us that Payed Money for this app? Guess we need to go back to typing in our signature again.

Posted from my no longer working Tapasellout app using a BB9930
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,064 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by moegumby View Post
    Tapatalk's latest update allows forum operators to eliminate the auto signature feature in your app, even if you have it set to auto send your signature. Tech from Tapatalk said the forum operators threatened to yank tapatalk if they didn't, So what about all of us that Payed Money for this app? Guess we need to go back to typing in our signature again.

Posted from my no longer working Tapasellout app using a BB9930
    hmm interesting. My sig shows when I post from my ipad,nexus,and playbook. It never shows when I post from my bold. I thought it was a glitch or something.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,013 Global Posts

Yes, the owners would have the ability to disable or enable the signature. I don't see what the problem is with that. If the forum owners want to disable/enable the signature then that's their choice. Also, why would you need to type the signature? You could just write a signature in the control panel.
    Last edited by EveryApp Mobile; 07-29-2012 at 08:11 PM.
    Currently Developed Apps:

EveryLock
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    377 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

Nope, the latest update we got cripples it even if you have it set. Will probably be on all versions soon, so don't upgrade from here on, I'm deleting mine and loading my old version. Doesn't make any differance, I can still type anything I want for a signature. Just can't have app do it, Dumb move if you ask me. Doesn't change a thing for the Forum, just the end user.

Dumb move Tapatalk, Sent from My Blackberry 9930
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,013 Global Posts

Nope, the latest update we got cripples it even if you have it set. Will probably be on all versions soon, so don't upgrade from here on, I'm deleting mine and loading my old version. Doesn't make any differance, I can still type anything I want for a signature. Just can't have app do it, Dumb move if you ask me. Doesn't change a thing for the Forum, just the end user.

Dumb move Tapatalk, Sent from My Blackberry 9930
    I guess you don't understand what I mean. You can just enable a signature in the control panel on the forum.

EveryLock
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    377 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

What I am saying is it is a useless move on their part, doesn't change the fact that I can still add my signature by typing or control panel, so why cripple the app?? Its all Apples to Apples! I could also set up a Macro, but its better just being able to set it in the app.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,013 Global Posts

What I am saying is it is a useless move on their part, doesn't change the fact that I can still add my signature by typing or control panel, so why cripple the app?? Its all Apples to Apples! I could also set up a Macro, but its better just being able to set it in the app.
    What do you mean "why cripple the app"? If a forum owner wants to disable a signature then that's their choice because they own the forum.

EveryLock
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    377 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  

Again, doesn't stop you from adding a signature another way, so why cripple the app. The Forum operators are not stoping anything by this.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,013 Global Posts

Again, doesn't stop you from adding a signature another way, so why cripple the app. The Forum operators are not stoping anything by this.
    I'm sorry but you are wrong here. If a person who owns a forum wants to perform some function on the forum they own then that's their choice, not yours.

Are you seeing the signature not work on some forum where others are able to post the same signature?
    Last edited by EveryApp Mobile; 07-29-2012 at 08:26 PM.

EveryLock
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    377 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #10  

Nope, just the updated Tapatalk app, I think its because of the Sent using Tapatalk default advertising line not so much the Signature itself, but it doesn't stop anyone from typing one in or using a macro no matter what the forum is set to, its just another line of text.

Sent from my Blackberry Bold 9930
    Get the point. Doesn't make much since crippling the program when I can do it anyways. (I'm talking about the forum operators) not Tapatalk
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,013 Global Posts

Nope, just the updated Tapatalk app, I think its because of the Sent using Tapatalk default advertising line not so much the Signature itself, but it doesn't stop anyone from typing one in or using a macro no matter what the forum is set to, its just another line of text.

Sent from my Blackberry Bold 9930
    Get the point. Doesn't make much since crippling the program when I can do it anyways. (I'm talking about the forum operators) not Tapatalk
    Ok, I see that you can still type it manually. We will look over the signature functionality.

EveryLock
    CrackBerry Master

Default Re: Tapatalk sells out end users

So is this why I can't all of a sudden find the signature settings in the android app? I'm trying to add a signature!
    Moto Rokr E1 > Moto SLVR > Pantech Duo > HTC G1 > Blackberry Bold 9700 > Bold 9900 > HTC G2 & BB 9000 > Z10 > Q10 > White Z30
    Tmobile USA - Prepaid $30 per month! (100 min, 5GB at 4G/LTE, unlmtd sms) + VoIP
    Join dropbox for free cloud storage

Don't Panic