We are giving away ten free copies of SystemDash.

For more information on the product and screenshots, follow these links:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/new...mobato-492508/

SystemDash - Utilities BlackBerry Apps

Winners will be drawn at random and announced over the next few days.

Just post on here, in a sentence, why you would find SystemDash useful or simply state the feature you think you will like most.

In return, all we ask, is once you have used the application for a bit to write a post back, on the forum link above, and share your experience of using the app with us and the CrackBerry.com community.

Thanks
    07-08-10 11:59 AM
    this is great, it combines all the useful utilities into one app, this is great since i love to test out beta os's and i would be able to track the battery drain over the settling of the os as well as the processor usage and its a great little tool to no exactly how much battery you have to last you the rest of the day, this would probably get used everyday
    07-08-10 12:12 PM
    The battery monitor feature sounds like it would be pretty useful to me, I use my blackberry for just about everything and sometimes forget to charge it. That along with the memory booster, what blackberry couldn't use that.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    07-08-10 12:16 PM
    I like the Memory Booster and the low battery popup ideas. Like the others said, it does what you would normally need a few apps to do. Space saver and much mroe convenient. Hope i get a copy, would love to have an app like this, don't have any apps like this, because I can't see spending money on multiple apps when there are some apps that do it all!
    07-08-10 12:27 PM
    The batt info and memory boost will do it for me ... Also all the nice colors added .. For a good visual on certain things Thanks for a chance to win a copy

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-08-10 12:49 PM
    Popups are nice and alerts
    All the display information in one place or within the app is great
    Thanks

07-08-10 12:52 PM
    I actually typed a few paragraphs of why it would be useful until I saw "in a sentence".

Popup alerts would be useful since I just read that letting the battery drain below 25% or some other magic number damages it.
    07-08-10 01:09 PM
    It looks great, and is a all in one utility that would prove itself useful time and time again

*edit* The battery level alerts appeal to me most. nothing worse than runnin gout of battery becasue you forgot to check icon.
    Last edited by jwebste9; 07-09-10 at 06:51 AM. Reason: Add most liked feature
    07-08-10 01:20 PM
    Any time you can combine several different functions/features into one app, its a winner in my book. I like the interface and the option to have it display in several different formats. I am a pretty intensive user on both the phone and web, so an app that helps to maintain memory levels and battery levels would be awesome.
    07-08-10 01:48 PM
    I like the graphical interface. One stop shopping for a lot of information is always a bonus.
    07-08-10 02:03 PM
    This looks like a super app!! I would love to win a copy and test it out! This could rival meterberry.

07-08-10 02:47 PM
    It sounds like it has some useful aspects. I'm skeptical about memory boosters, but there are other aspects of this app that seem to make it worth having.
    07-08-10 02:48 PM
    It sounds like it has some useful aspects. I'm skeptical about memory boosters, but there are other aspects of this app that seem to make it worth having.
    It depends what the memory booster claims to do. Our memory booster, optimises your ram by performing a Java object garbage collection if the available ram falls below 20%. There is a delay of 5 minutes between automatic boosts to avoid hogging the system. From time to time the OS performs a garbage collection, however sometimes programmatically boosting RAM makes a difference, as more space becomes available in the heap for use by other applications. The difference may be less noticeable to users with more RAM on their devices, unless they have lots of applications running simultaneously.

Memory boosters which claim to prevent leaks, or over-glorify the details of boosting memory, should really be avoided as they are making false claims. It's not possible to prevent a memory leak that has been caused by another application, and the only solution really is to reboot the device.

Back to the competition, let's get more entries!

All you need to enter is describe in one sentence why you would like a copy of SystemDash or simply state the feature that appeals to you most.
    07-09-10 03:14 AM
    Ok, cool; I know the garbage collector works, i run one every once in a while from the unlocked help screen
    the fact that you're willing to say how you do the memory clean to me says that it's legit; I asked another app company (which will remain un named) how their app boosted battery life, and they basically told me to **** off.
    Anyway, I like the popup notification idea for low battery alerts a lot.
    07-09-10 11:07 AM
    I would use the battery notifications the most. It would tell me when I can take my BB off the charger because it is full. I have a tendency to leave my device charging in my car when driving around town even when full.
    07-09-10 11:35 AM
    It will win me over if I can see it better than Meterberry. The writing is too small. Colors good, font size bad.
    07-09-10 03:21 PM
    I think I will enjoy the memory optimization and battery tracking features the best. Please pick me for one of the copies!
    07-09-10 04:19 PM
    I really like your graphical representations of the flash memory and SD card usage, which make it easier to decide which files to keep and what to delete.

Sentence two, not for contest: it's also nice that you're so open and honest about the memory utility, unlike some of the snake oil dealers out there. Bravo!

Our memory booster, optimises your ram by performing a Java object garbage collection if the available ram falls below 20%. There is a delay of 5 minutes between automatic boosts to avoid hogging the system.
    07-09-10 05:31 PM
    This app is showing a lot of potential. I love how most of the things are integrated rather than buying it separately. I would have to say the favorite thing about this the "copy my pin" button. My gf always has a hard time locating her pin. As for me, it would be memory booster and battery level popup and alert.
    07-09-10 09:44 PM
    I would love to win a copy of this app. I love to monitor my memory usage and like the idea of a built in memory recovery utility. It looks like it is a solid app that I would love to have on my berry. Will definitely post my thoughts on the app if I am one of the lucky winers.
    07-11-10 02:04 PM
    Winners announced! Check here:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=495570
    07-14-10 03:03 PM
    A couple suggestions based on my first half hour with SD.

Make the battery alert thresholds user selectable. I might want the first low alert at 30%.

Make the location of the homescreen battery indicator selectable for left center right to fit in with different themes.

07-14-10 04:28 PM
    A couple suggestions based on my first half hour with SD.

Make the battery alert thresholds user selectable. I might want the first low alert at 30%.

Make the location of the homescreen battery indicator selectable for left center right to fit in with different themes.

Thank you for your feedback. Noted, for the next version we can make the alert levels customisable.

As for the home screen indicator, I do not believe we have any control over this as the device manages the positioning, however we will look into it and see what we can do about it.
    07-14-10 04:35 PM
    This app would elimnate the use of multiple apps on my Storm2 which would free up more memory and have fewer background apps running
    07-14-10 04:47 PM
    A custom threshold setting for the gc would be good too, and an explanation for where it says "camera: yes"
    Excellent app so far, I'm stoked I won this.

*Ok, so camera means I have enough battery to run the camera. Sweet!
    Recommended the app to some friends.

Last edited by SCrid2000; 07-15-10 at 11:02 AM.
    07-14-10 11:00 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD