The palm pre came up with this amazing idea. People would pay to have this functionality
    09-15-09 02:02 AM
    or you could hold down the return button.....
    09-15-09 09:59 AM
    I would be worried that swiping to close apps would conflict with swiping to open the on-screen keyboard (a feature that I hope comes back in 5.0!) and the flick scrolling that is in 5.0.0.191

I'd stick with clicking the escape/back button.
    09-15-09 10:22 AM
    I think that flick up keyboard is gone, as it seemed to interfere with scrolling up. Flick up to close would probably interfere with scrolling up as well. Now click+gesture would probably work quite well.

Click + Up to jump to top of page
    Click + Down to jump to bottom of page
    Click + Left to go previous (web)
    Click + Right to go forward (web)
    Click + Diagonal to close

the click is there differentiate scrolling from input, so why not make use of it!
    09-15-09 11:29 AM
    I like this idea CD real intuativel. i posted this before 5.0 i love the flick scrolling and would not want a conflict
    09-22-09 12:00 AM

the click is there differentiate scrolling from input, so why not make use of it!
    honestly, i think that would be tooooo much confusion and bring more frustration with the calibration to the users (us).

escape button is plentiful for moi
    09-22-09 01:06 AM
    I think that flick up keyboard is gone, as it seemed to interfere with scrolling up. Flick up to close would probably interfere with scrolling up as well. Now click+gesture would probably work quite well.

I do appreciate your idea. Honestly it seems like it was well thought oit

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-22-09 02:30 AM
    On the Pre you're not just flicking up to close the program...Basically you have to minimize it first then swipe the program up. It doesn't interfere with its flick scrolling at all. Not sure it can be done on the Storm though.
    09-22-09 07:23 AM
    The thing about gestures is you don't have to do them if you don't want to. Have you ever used Opera desktop browser? Right Click + Gesture makes getting around the browser so much easier, but it isn't required to be used, its just an option.
    09-22-09 08:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD