i was looking for the phone number to call the sirius/xm app developer to whine about it not working on the 9650 this morning. instead, i came across a post from yesterday on the BB support forum claiming the app now works on the bold. just downloaded it and confirmed. appropriately, "bastille day" by rush was playing on the boneyard when i logged in.
    07-14-10 07:58 AM
    It does work......thanks for the heads up!!!
    07-14-10 09:04 AM
    Did you download the app for the 9600 or for the 9700?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-14-10 11:29 AM
    Ok so where can I find this App? I really need this for my Bold. thanks
    07-14-10 12:15 PM
    Here is the link to the download page :

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=9wHV86i0

Make sure you choose the 9600 option because the 9700 option does not work on the 9650. I can confirm that the app works on a Verizon 9650.

07-14-10 12:27 PM
    How does this work? Does this piggy back off the subscription I have for XM in my car?
    07-14-10 12:43 PM
    After install, go to subscription options in the app's menu. If you are a sirius/xm subscriber, the Blackberry service it will cost you an extra 3.75$/month. If you do not have a sirius/xm subscription, the Blackberry will cost you 174$/year.

07-14-10 01:03 PM
    If you are already a Premium Online subscriber, Blackberry streaming is free.
    07-14-10 06:35 PM
    Thanks for the info dkh and ciprian.

I purchased the app because I can not get a radio signal for my new home theater setup in my basement and can not place an external sirius receiver which is an accessory to my Onkyo receiver near a window. So I can stream Sirius as well as AOL radio with my laptop thru an HDMI cable to the receiver. For $2.99 what a bonus to have Sirius on my Blackberry!

Great timing finding this thread! I decided to purchase the app yesterday. However, I had some problems getting info as to whether the app would work on my 9650. Sirius punted and told me to check with Verizon Wireless. I spoke w/ Verizon's tech support. The first guy said it would work even though the 9650 wasn't listed on the dropdown menu on Sirius' website. However,while I was getting a username and password we got disconnected. I called back and I spoke with someone else at Verizon tech support who said I couldn't do it because the 9650 wasn't supported with the app and I had been misinformed. Hesaid it might be added in the fututre.
    I was upset because I had just purchased the app and asked for a Verizon supervisor. The supervisor apologized for the misinformation provided by the first agent and reiterated that the app wouldn't work on my Blackberry.
    While speaking to her, I had a brainstorm and went on the forum and saw this thread!
    Thank you, thank you.

Years ago when I had XM, I had to purchase a seperate radio to receive XM on the go and ahd to pay the full discounted price for a 2nd radio. When the radio broke, I didn't replace it. What a convenience to have Sirius/XM on my blackberry!

[I]Although the application worked when I first downloaded it yesterday afternoon, when I tried to logon again last night many times, it kept telling me that my logon information was incorrect.

I tried again this morning and it didn't work. I thought that maybe Verizon was right and that maybe the 9650 wasn't supported yet. I called Sirius this afternoon and a tech told me there was a problem with the service temorarily and that it didn't matter whether I had an IPhone, Blackberry, Droid, etc, none were working because of a temporary service problem that would be fixed in a day or so. It is not a problem with the app on the Blackberry Bold 9650[. On my own, I removed the app and reinstalled it and it worked fine. However, I tired to open the app a minute ago and I got an error message "temporarily unavailable."

Anyone else having this problem?

Another question for everyone-what is the difference if you logoff versus exit the application?/I]
    Last edited by ECGcrackberry; 07-15-10 at 12:39 PM. Reason: update on ability to acess the application
    07-15-10 12:27 PM
    I tried again this morning and it didn't work. I thought that maybe Verizon was right and that maybe the 9650 wasn't supported yet. I called Sirius this afternoon and a tech told me there was a problem with the service temorarily and that it didn't matter whether I had an IPhone, Blackberry, Droid, etc, none were working because of a temporary service problem that would be fixed in a day or so. It is not a problem with the app on the Blackberry Bold 9650[. On my own, I removed the app and reinstalled it and it worked fine. However, I tired to open the app a minute ago and I got an error message "temporarily unavailable."

Anyone else having this problem?

Another question for everyone-what is the difference if you logoff versus exit the application?/I][/B]
    I redownloaded this app a couple of days ago after reading that it was now working for Bold users. It has been working fine, until yesterday when I quit working a couple of times. I just checked to see if it was still working and it at first said it was "Temporarily Unavailable" so I attempted to play it again and it worked-for about two minutes. I then logged out and logged back in and now it is working with no issues.

The difference between logging off and exiting is that exiting just closes the app whereas logging out would require you to reenter your email addy and password. It also clears your favorites.

Remember to download the Tour version of the app, any other build wont work for 9650 users.
    07-15-10 03:14 PM
    Thanks Cenloe. I downloaded the Tour 9650 version. I have had a similar experience today with playing music on the app.

I guess that exiting is the best way to go so you don't lose favorites and have to log in again.
    Is there any downside at all by just exiting rather than logging off?

Thanks again.
    07-15-10 03:28 PM
    How does this work? Does this piggy back off the subscription I have for XM in my car?
    if you have a stand-alone sirius or xm radio, you can add the online service to your account, i think for $2.99/mo. by adding this feature, you can get the 128k (high quality) stream of Sirius/XM online on any device that supports it (computer, phone, etc.). you can also subscribe to sirius/xm online only for $7.99/mo. (maybe more now, i haven't checked prices in a while).

you can also sign up for 3-day free trials of the service on either sirius' or xm's websites to try it out. if you're really cheap, you can register for the free trial every three days w/ a different email address, provided you have access to an unlimited number of email aliases.

i downloaded the 9600 version here and it's working fine: SIRIUS|XM on BlackBerry

i also got a call back yesterday evening from the developers to let me know that it was working, although by then i'd already found out for myself and posted this.
    07-15-10 03:40 PM
    It has been working fine, until yesterday when I quit working a couple of times.
    haha. don't blame that solely on incompatibility. i had the 9630 version on my tour and it would crap out all the time, or XM's network would go down or any combination thereof. if you've been an xm or sirius subscriber for any length of time, then you should be well versed in their sporadic uptime record for the online offerings (and for their satellite service for that matter
    07-15-10 03:43 PM
    haha. don't blame that solely on incompatibility. i had the 9630 version on my tour and it would crap out all the time, or XM's network would go down or any combination thereof. if you've been an xm or sirius subscriber for any length of time, then you should be well versed in their sporadic uptime record for the online offerings (and for their satellite service for that matter
    True, I very rarely have days of perfect service. I was just giving my timeline of issues, my wife has a Droid Incredible and even her service cuts out now and again.

I have been with Sirius/XM for three years now, I certainly am aware of the limitations of the spectrum and even online or mobile the service isnt perfect.
    07-15-10 04:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD