Review: SuperLaunch for BlackBerry Smartphones | CrackBerry.com

Just saw the "launch" of "SuperLaunch" . . . wow!! What a blatant ripoff of "QuickLaunch" !!

I for one support Cheetah and Nikkisoft for creating this app (QuickLaunch) and boycott "SuperLaunch". . . this is borderline criminal.

Who wants to join me with picket signs in front of "SuperLaunch" ??
    Last edited by shinbone; 05-11-10 at 04:31 PM.
    05-11-10 04:27 PM
    laaame i own quicklaunch and love it, wouldnt trade it for the cheaper price Cheetah has reasonable support and has been around forever so +1 to quicklaunch
    05-11-10 04:36 PM
    +1 for QuickLaunch only app I have ever paid for and worth every penny
    05-11-10 05:41 PM
    Nothing wrong with competition it makes apps better customer wins
    05-11-10 06:33 PM
    It's not like they own a patent on "rocket-type" icons or anything like that...
    05-11-10 06:35 PM
    yep yep just working off idea nothing wrong with that.
    05-11-10 06:40 PM
    Lol, swoosh...
    Personally, with the exception of phonetweak, I've found better options than any of their apps.
    Get two of their apps, and tell me what you notice about the registration codes.
    That's all I have to say on that
    While I personally do not have quicklaunch, from what I've heard superlaunch lacks several vital aspects in comparison. Quicklaunch will win out.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-11-10 08:20 PM
    Nothing wrong with competition it makes apps better customer wins
    I agree with your statement . . . generally. But in this case, I think its a blatant ripoff from QuickLaunch.
    05-11-10 08:38 PM
    It's just like the 10000 mail popup apps or the 1000000 iphone/winmo/whatever themes. Nothing wrong with competition.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-11-10 08:57 PM
    imitation is the most sincerest form of flattery?

EDIT: AND FTR before Quicklaunch was Fabien's LaunchPad! (I still prefer Quicklaunch either way)
    05-11-10 11:40 PM
    Well testing both apps only thing SuperLaunch takes the blue ribbon for is better looking icon..yes it resembles QL but hey its much more robust looking.
    QL may want to improve that minor detail and better app even more to keep competition in pace
    05-12-10 10:23 AM
    quicklaunch!!!!!!!!!
    05-12-10 10:51 AM
    quicklaunch!!!!!!!!!
    This^^^^^^^^^^^^
    05-12-10 11:19 AM
    quicklaunch!!!!!!!!!

What exactly are you trying to say here? Please be specific...
    05-12-10 11:20 AM
    What's next. A company named RAM coming up with a BlueBerry Smartphone?

Will they have a blueberry messenger?
    05-12-10 11:32 AM

Coming soon . . . . . . "Super-DuperLaunch". Same as "SuperLaunch" only the rocket in the icon will be Blue !!
    05-12-10 12:09 PM

If it has stable OS with real browser count me in I'm buying
    05-12-10 12:40 PM
    If it has stable OS with real browser count me in I'm buying
    Sling, I always said you think "out the box".

Hey, we all love QL. It is a shame that this developer could not come up with a different format. But, I do like competition.

As was stated previously... This could be the drive for Nikkisoft to make their app much more feature rich to knock these guys out of the playing field. Better for all end users.
    05-12-10 12:53 PM
    Honestly, who cares. Neither app is paying you nor is the existence of another
    like kind app costing you a dime.

I use QuickLaunch and personally could not care less if there were a dozen apps that
    did exactly the same thing. And none of these developers have exactly clean hands.
    05-12-10 12:57 PM
    Honestly, who cares. Neither app is paying you nor is the existence of another
    like kind app costing you a dime.

I use QuickLaunch and personally could not care less if there were a dozen apps that
    did exactly the same thing. And none of these developers have exactly clean hands.
    Because sometimes, we appreciate a well developed app, by someone who backs their product, and at the same time sells if for a good price.

It's how it should be. Good products and companies receive customer loyalty and support for being treated fairly.

When someone basically rips off another app, its not competition. And when others (new bb owners) are confused due to the name and its similar look, well, the original app owner doesn't make as much, which then makes it less likely more updates will be created.

Did I mention i just dont like other riding others coat tails?

But thats just my opinion anyway.
    05-12-10 01:36 PM
    Berryfit, I get your point but mine remains the same.

Also, ShortCutMe, LaunchPad, QL, IntelliLaunch have all "borrowed" from each other
    from time to time and that has not stifled competition. People will simply use what
    (A) works for them and (B) they like. QL wins that battle so I really don't see why
    any of this even matters. Then again I have zero loyalty to most developers.

"Borrowing" happens across the entire app spectrum. Are we going to go on a
    witch hunt against them too. This is just senseless in my view.
    05-12-10 01:44 PM

Too late, they already got one.....

Bawahahahahhaha... Introducing the BlueBerry L900i | CrackBerry.com

Chinagrabber, maker's of the Blueberry will also sell you an iRobot (think Android mixed with a certain Pad) .....

iRobot Apad- Beats iPad - Android Tablet Slate PC w/ Free Shipping!
    05-12-10 02:01 PM
    I look at it this way.

Peekawho was king pop up alert app once upon a time..support was basic ok then Bellshare came along with Berrypop.
    Berrypop was exact same kind of app and the loyal peekawho users cried foul.

Bellshare now provides the better app with lower price , superior support & timely updates.
    Competition = Good.

Superlaunch may crash..who knows but I do know this , QL is getting positive attention from SL hitting the spotlight and will make more $$ from it.
    If Superlaunch steps up good for them time for app smackdown users win even more
    Last edited by Slingbox; 05-12-10 at 02:51 PM.
    05-12-10 02:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD