Hello,

Please post any Suggestions for future releases in this thread.

Thanks,
    Justin
    06-13-11 09:29 AM
    Wow, I just discovered your application. You need to make it more visible.

Really nice app. I should test it during this weekend.

One suggestion would be to have the possibility to run it in French. If you put it in the application, I could do the translation if you want.

I have a couple of forums/website. I will advertise your app.

Thanks
    06-29-11 04:11 PM
    Hello,

Please post any Suggestions for future releases in this thread.

Thanks,
    Justin
    Justin! Glad to see this app hasn't been abandoned. Used it a bunch last summer in NC and RI and I had mapped a BUNCH of courses. I plan to use it again this summer, in fact I was just checking for a course since I'm playing today.

This really IS the nicest free BlackBerry golf app I've found. Everyone who sees it is amazed it does what their expensive StarCaddy does, but for free!
    07-03-11 07:04 AM
    Wow, I just discovered your application. You need to make it more visible.

Really nice app. I should test it during this weekend.

One suggestion would be to have the possibility to run it in French. If you put it in the application, I could do the translation if you want.

I have a couple of forums/website. I will advertise your app.

Thanks
    I think it is to late for this app, but the next one that is in the works I already have french added

I use Google Translator but not sure how good that is going to be... lol...
    07-12-11 09:45 AM
    It would be nice if a proper Green maps can be displayed. rather than text only
    07-19-11 02:18 PM
    Thanks much for this app. I use it every week.
    Suggestion:
    Add an option for a "driving range" hole at each course. I use the range at a couple of courses in my area and the target yardages aren't usually kept up with the tee movements. A single extra "range" hole with 5-7 targets would solve that problem. The current app won't let me create a course with only 1 hole.
    Along the same lines my course also has 3 "practice" holes that I would like to map but I have the same issue with that as I have with the driving range.

Suggestion/Question: I'm not sure if this is possible at the moment but I will be playing a course where I'm not sure I'll have data service. Is it possible to download a course ahead of time and store it locally or does this already happen and all I need to do is select the course while I'm still in data range?

thx
    Scott
    08-07-11 07:15 PM
    I think it is to late for this app, but the next one that is in the works
    Do tell about the next one.
    09-03-11 03:07 PM
    Suggestion:
    Add an option for a "driving range" hole at each course. I use the range at a couple of courses in my area and the target yardages aren't usually kept up with the tee movements. A single extra "range" hole with 5-7 targets would solve that problem. The current app won't let me create a course with only 1 hole.
    Along the same lines my course also has 3 "practice" holes that I would like to map but I have the same issue with that as I have with the driving range.
    I will look into this. the issue is currently the database layout is not setup this way. (if I had to do it over again I would have done it this way tho...)

Suggestion/Question: I'm not sure if this is possible at the moment but I will be playing a course where I'm not sure I'll have data service. Is it possible to download a course ahead of time and store it locally or does this already happen and all I need to do is select the course while I'm still in data range?
    Yes you can create your own custom XML files with your courses, and then you save those files locally on your SD card on your BlackBerry. I have a forum post on how to setup your own xml files.
    09-05-11 03:13 PM
    It would be nice if a proper Green maps can be displayed. rather than text only
    I have been working on downloading the google maps image of the Green, and of the hole. I think it will work for what you are asking for.
    09-05-11 03:14 PM
    I have been working on downloading the google maps image of the Green, and of the hole. I think it will work for what you are asking for.
    + 1 for having the google maps image in cache so you do not need internet access to have a picture of the hole/green.

Also, some icon would be more graphical instead of words like "bunker", "dogleg", "tree"...
    11-09-11 06:39 AM
    + 1 for having the google maps image in cache so you do not need internet access to have a picture of the hole/green.
    In 1.0.21 I have google map images stored in cache (after they are downloaded for the first time. If they are missing (failed for what ever reason when downloading them the first time I try to download them again and update the cache).

After you download a course and the google map images you can click the menu button from the main screen and select Downloaded Courses menu button.

No sure about having icons for words like "bunker", "dogleg", "tree". if you can come up with a good use case then we will see. Also I think it might look good with something like this:

To right greensize <image>bunker</image>

I think I would rather just see the work bunker since I am reading the screen anyways....
    11-09-11 08:00 AM
    I can't see the image but you have it right regarding the use of icons: something a bit like GolfLogix.
    Unfortunately, I'm using the droid version since leaving Canada so I don't have the latest update (for BB).
    Will you also update PinHighGPS version?
    11-16-11 02:50 AM
    I will think about it. It would be do-able, but adding the images on the screen would cause more CPU and therefor more battery drain. I have build the BBGPSGolf app with that always in mind. (I wanted to be at 25% battery level and still be able to play 18 holes of golf )

Currently I have no plans an updating the PinHighGPS application. I still have all of the code, but about a year ago my computer crashed and I have not rebuild my development environment for Android.
    11-16-11 09:42 AM
    Didn't know that graphics would squeeze battery juice. Minimum draining is a must indeed.
    Too bad for the lack of Android development, but the app is already mature.

As far as New Course is concerned, did I understand correctly that BB and Android do not share the same database anymore = new course on BB will not be available for download from android?
    Last edited by chrisJP; 11-16-11 at 04:48 PM. Reason: Typo
    11-16-11 04:46 PM
    As far as New Course is concerned, did I understand correctly that BB and Android do not share the same database anymore = new course on BB will not be available for download from android?
    It does share the same database...
    11-17-11 07:10 PM
    Also, some icon would be more graphical instead of words like "bunker", "dogleg", "tree"...
    Like This?

Attachment 97450
    11-22-11 12:42 PM
    Really looking nice!!
    11-27-11 03:34 AM
    The program already stores the location of the Tee for each hole. I suggest that the program should show the distance to the tee in addition to the distance to the flag.

The advantage of this is that you can always see how far you are from the tee box, so for example, you can see how far your drive was. I know that you can mark a position and then measure the distance, but I often forget to do so, so if I can refer to the distance from the tee, I know how far my drive is.

Since the data is alraedy there, it should be a hard fix!
    04-02-12 09:03 AM
    The program already stores the location of the Tee for each hole. I suggest that the program should show the distance to the tee in addition to the distance to the flag.

The advantage of this is that you can always see how far you are from the tee box, so for example, you can see how far your drive was. I know that you can mark a position and then measure the distance, but I often forget to do so, so if I can refer to the distance from the tee, I know how far my drive is.

Since the data is alraedy there, it should be a hard fix!
    I do like this idea, and I almost added it a while ago, the problem is that there are more then one tee box on each hole, and you may not have "tee'ed off" from where the tee is marked on that hole. So the results you get will be skewed and most likely inaccurate. This is something I would like to stay away from... Sorry
    04-13-12 10:00 AM
    I'm really liking the .21 update on my 9930. Thanks!

Suggestion:
    Have the program ask if you are playing 9 or 18 when you start a new round. And then prompt which hole you are starting on. The program currently doesn't deal well with only playing 9, where perhaps if it knew in advance then after finishing hole 9 (or 18 if you just played the back) then it could act like the round is finished after just 9 holes instead of continuing to the "next" (10th) hole.
    05-06-12 12:36 PM
    As a work-around, I have programmed a special location called "Tee Box" that then tells me how far I am from the Tee, but it would have been a lot easier if you showed the "standard" tee location!
    05-28-12 01:16 PM
    As a work-around, I have programmed a special location called "Tee Box" that then tells me how far I am from the Tee, but it would have been a lot easier if you showed the "standard" tee location!
    That works, IF you tee off from that place you programmed. Most courses move tees daily though, so your programmed spot is unlikely to be accurate while using the Mark feature will always be dead on.
    05-29-12 12:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD