Can anyone suggest me a best slide unlock for my torch 9800. Which is best in looks and also free of ads. It should not effect my battery life.
    I hope you people understood what does I mean by slide unlock. I simply mean any app which unlock my torch by sliding or swiping the screen.
    P.S:- should be free as I am unable to buy any premium app
    12-10-12 01:50 AM
    Look up Storm Slider in App World. There is a free version. Looks simple and clean. Works well on my Storm 2. Should work no problem on your Torch. Just set one of your convenience keys to it and you will be good to go! Let me know how it works out for you!
    12-10-12 02:34 AM
    Installed it. Worked fine. But it does not lock itslef or by pressing the lock key. Have to manually lock it by opening the app or setting it any conveniance key
    12-10-12 02:47 AM
    Installed it. Worked fine. But it does not lock itslef or by pressing the lock key. Have to manually lock it by opening the app or setting it any conveniance key
    Yes. Sadly I have not found a slider app the works whenever the phone merely wakes up...I will do some digging for you and see what I find. You have come to the right place for help...fear not! :thumbup:
    12-10-12 03:00 AM
    Yes. Sadly I have not found a slider app the works whenever the phone merely wakes up...I will do some digging for you and see what I find. You have come to the right place for help...fear not! :thumbup:
    Thanks buddy if I found such an app will tell u, but I think I won't as I have searched almost evrywhere for it
    12-10-12 03:02 AM
    Thanks buddy if I found such an app will tell u, but I think I won't as I have searched almost evrywhere for it
    Well if I happen to come across any, you shall be the first to know! We touchscreen BB users must look out for each other
    12-10-12 03:17 AM
    Well if I happen to come across any, you shall be the first to know! We touchscreen BB users must look out for each other
    Yeah. Someone truely quoted it "sharing is caring"
    12-10-12 04:00 AM
    OP: Go to appWorld and check out S2unlock by MobiDala. It's free and it's exactly what you are looking for. The link for the free version is:
    Free S2UnLock Free - slide to unlock your phone - Slide Lock - Slider Lock - Download S2UnLock Free - slide to unlock your phone - Slide Lock - Slider Lock - Free Apps from BlackBerry App World
    It's compatible with your phone and does not use much battery if at all as it's only in use when you slide it. Works like sliders on iPhone, etc. They also have a paid version that does a little more for only $1.99. Check it out.
    12-10-12 01:26 PM
    OP: Go to appWorld and check out S2unlock by MobiDala. It's free and it's exactly what you are looking for. The link for the free version is:
    Free S2UnLock Free - slide to unlock your phone - Slide Lock - Slider Lock - Download S2UnLock Free - slide to unlock your phone - Slide Lock - Slider Lock - Free Apps from BlackBerry App World
    It's compatible with your phone and does not use much battery if at all as it's only in use when you slide it. Works like sliders on iPhone, etc. They also have a paid version that does a little more for only $1.99. Check it out.
    Yep thanks exactly what I wanted
    Now hope it won't drain too much of my battery
    12-11-12 05:09 AM
    Yep thanks exactly what I wanted
    Now hope it won't drain too much of my battery
    It really doesn't drain the battery as it isn't in use, until you actually use it. I have it on my 9810 now and had it on my 9800 before, but honestly don't use it a lot. Mostly if I'm in my yard doing yard work where I could slide open the phone in my pocket or touch an icon to launch something. Other than that, I just disable it until I need it. It is a very good app though and I highly recommend it. I'm sure there are others but this one worked best for what I wanted and what you want as well. I also use the built in one on the 9810, can't remember if it was on the 9800 as well or not. You can check by going to options>display> and scroll down. Should be the last prompt on the list. When you check it, the phone locks when you close the slider and opens when you open it. Pretty simple actually but again, I can't remember if it was on the 9800 or not. Good luck!
    buttwaris likes this.
    12-11-12 07:53 PM