I've been having some odd issues in the last week or so with different apps, and up till now have been able to make things work. Today I can't get Yahoo messenger to login, I keep getting "Invalid username or password" even after deleting and reinstalling - it works from a PC just fine so I know it's BB-specific. Should I just wipe the device when I get the chance or am I just missing something?
    Thanks in advance!

Update: even after wiping the device and installing apps one at a time instead of from backup I'm still having problems. Mobihand app store won't let me log in, says connection error; uncaught exception after every reset; home screen is white except where the security check window is after startup (goes away after hitting menu); memory keeps dropping from 14m to 5m free; and yahoo will only connect once. If I reset it won't connect and I must delete, download, and reinstall to connect.
    Any suggestions? I can't get a new phone til Jan 8th but 2 more months of this is enough to drive me nuts. :P
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by genomos; 10-29-09 at 06:17 PM.
    10-29-09 11:03 AM
    Did you recently upgrade your OS, and not your theme?

"But bacon's not the only thing that's cured by hanging from a string"
    -- Hugh Kingsmill.

10-29-09 08:50 PM
    Yes, but not recently; it was back in August or Sept, whenever the update for OS 4.5.0.169 came out. I updated then and kept the same theme; no issues till the last week or so. I'd like to blame Opera Mini 5 beta and ubertwitter and twitterberry as those were (and I stress were) the newest additions - i'm not keen on giving up memory for apps I cant/don't use especially if it seems that they may have caused problems, but they ran badly so I removed them. Then problems started coming up. That's not bmich of an explanation but it's all I observed =/

10-29-09 09:13 PM
    All of those have issues, especially OM5. You've wiped since removing all 3? I was targeting the theme, based on what you were describing with the home screen. You haven't updated to official BBM5 have you?

-- Hugh Kingsmill.

10-29-09 09:19 PM
    Yes - just wiped this morning, and those issues listed are what's still happening afterwards; BBM is 4.5.
    Oh and thanks for responding btw XD

10-29-09 09:24 PM
    No problem, I had a busy day at work, and when I scanned through and saw you had already edited your post, yet no responses had been given. Well damn!

No other recent changes? For it to just pop out of nowhere and a wipe with the problematic apps not reinstalled is a PITA. Have you checked your event log, to see what errors are showing up?

-- Hugh Kingsmill.

10-29-09 09:38 PM
    Now we're getting somewhere; while I'm not sure what everything means in the error log, I can see there's issues with system and apps - namely Windows Live, Mobihand App Store, Quickpull, Google Sync, and Yahoo. Deleted those one by one while watching the log each time, and once Google Sync was gone Yahoo works; not sure what made the white on the home screen go away but it's now gone.
    To recap, WLM and Yahoo are still installed and work, there's still quite a few system errors, and on reset I'm still getting Uncaught.Exemption.Java.Land.Error.
    I'm seriously going to miss Quickpull

10-29-09 10:39 PM
    Never used it, I like being in control of when my widdle Pearl shuts down.

-- Hugh Kingsmill.

10-30-09 03:32 AM
    I had it as I keep my Pearl in an Otterbox Defender case, battery pulls were a PITA and I do them a lot =/
    And compared to SoftReset, I recommend steering clear of Quickpull unless one likes having a daily auto reset. I never used that function as it won't execute if phone is holstered. Other than that, from what I can tell SoftReset has a smaller footprint, takes less input from me to get to work, and hasn't shown up in the error log - 2 thumbs up lol
    Much less app errors since last post, Yahoo is still putting up a fight at login and the log says "key nego" but I haven't had to remove it to get it working, so there's progress; error log is also still full of system warnings, perhaps another wipe may be in order if I get a chance today.
    Overall, progress IMHO, tons of thanks Wulf!

10-30-09 08:50 AM
    Aside from the Yahoo problem, my 'berry is running great now! I did another wipe a little while ago, and no issues aside from the invalid yahoo ID/password problem. And upon googling the issue, it seems I'm not alone, there's another thread centered on just the yahoo bit -

http://forums.crackberry.com/f152/ya...roblem-314564/

So again, tons of thanks Wulf!! Runs almost like new again, file free 17980052 bytes
    10-30-09 01:30 PM
    Eh, twice a day a broken clock is right. You're welcome.

-- Hugh Kingsmill.

10-30-09 09:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD