View Poll Results: Interested?

Voters
1. You may not vote on this poll
  • Wasn't before but after seeing what it is I am now!

0 0%
  • Always wanted this app!

1 100.00%
  • No not interested.

0 0%
    Just want to gauge interest for a Subsonic App.

Background:
    Currently I have SonicAir on the Playbook (Buy SonicAir - Download SonicAir - Buy Apps from BlackBerry App World) but with me being unable to debug inside the video player I have decided to switch to HTML5 which means I can code for the BB as well.

I just want to see how many people at CB would be interested in an app for the BB 6.0+

A quick demo of the android version:

If you were to see it what would you like to see in it?

Please don't say video as thats damn near impossible on the blackberry. Will be on the PB.
    01-23-12 10:25 PM
    I think an app like this would be widely used!! I know many people who are looking for solutions to stream their music from computer to blackberry, especially now that one can do that with iphone!!!
    01-06-13 12:29 AM
    i know this is an old post.. but not only would i be interested in the product.. as a developer, id be interested in helping to develop this application. let me know.
    03-23-13 07:00 PM
    Thanks for the interest but after months of trying to make this work I'm done. The video player crashes for no apparent reason. HLS from subsonic isn't supported even though it works on iOS and I can't use flowplayer or jwplayer because of flash security settings.

Short of coding this in C++ I'm not sure something of quality can be made. Even then I'm doubtful we can get proper video playback. I've essentially given up on this project. Even with music there is no way to use html5 to cache on the fly or show buffering status. If you know a way let me know otherwise, as I've said; I don't think it's going to work.
    03-23-13 10:46 PM
    Yeah I wouldnt have suggested this being developed with AIR. Native is a much better approach.
    03-24-13 04:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD