Ok, if I sign out out of the PC based messenger to my mobile device (using the msngr menu "sign in to mobile device"), it shows people on my friends list that "I'm mobile" and displays the phone icon next to my name. I can get IM messages from people, but do not see my friendslist.

However, if I then open Yahoo Msngr application on my device and sign in (so I can see my friendlist etc), suddenly on other people's lists, it removes my mobile status and I lose the phone icon. Just looks like I'm running PC based even tho I'm mobile.

Basically, I'd like to appear mobile... Lets people know I'm available, but maybe not to bother me less it's more important.

Am I missing something?

Seems like it would just DO THIS, but is there anyway I can sign in on WITH my mobile device AND keep the mobile status?

Thanks!
    Sorta baffled here...
    06-19-08 12:56 AM
    Ok, if I sign out out of the PC based messenger to my mobile device (using the msngr menu "sign in to mobile device"), it shows people on my friends list that "I'm mobile" and displays the phone icon next to my name. I can get IM messages from people, but do not see my friendslist.

However, if I then open Yahoo Msngr application on my device and sign in (so I can see my friendlist etc), suddenly on other people's lists, it removes my mobile status and I lose the phone icon. Just looks like I'm running PC based even tho I'm mobile.

Basically, I'd like to appear mobile... Lets people know I'm available, but maybe not to bother me less it's more important.

Am I missing something?

Seems like it would just DO THIS, but is there anyway I can sign in on WITH my mobile device AND keep the mobile status?

Thanks!
    Sorta baffled here...
    That's a good question I don't think there is a way to leave it mobile. I think if you log in through the cpu version and set it up to text you it'll stay mobile, but not through the berry. I think I understood the question correctly. Mine shows the phone icon as well but when i look at my friends phones it looks like I'm on the cpu. That what youre asking right?
    06-19-08 01:17 AM
    Yes, that is what I'm asking...

When I open yahoo and sign in on the BB, it looks like I'm on the PC at my desk. No indication of being mobile.

What I do now is put a custom "available" message saying "I'm Mobile" haha... It's just a pain to enter it every time I walk away and sign in with the BB and then come back etc...

Thought I might be missing some simple thing...

Thank you for the response.
    06-19-08 01:26 AM
    No problem. I was kind of wondering the same thing.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-19-08 12:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD