Tried searching for this but didn't find what I was wanting. New Storm user here and still finding my way.

So I'm not sure if what I'm wanting actually exists under a different name or not. Is there a program or simply a way of finding out if there are updated versions of the apps I'm using? Hence the "stupid question" part.

I've tried looking through Desktop Manager but the update button only seems to work for the OS, not the apps. Do I have to manually search through the apps I have, one by one on the crackberry shop site to find out if there's a new version to d/load or is there an easier way?

Have a feeling I should know the answer to this already but its elluding me at the moment.

Thanks
    05-10-09 10:04 AM
    You would get a email from were ever you got the app if there is a update

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-10-09 10:18 AM
    You sure about this? Because, and although I can't remember which app it was now, as I was going through some of them looking for possible new ones, I found an updated version to an app I already had, and had received no email or notification at all.

Only other thing I can think of is that I'm going to have to make a new bookmarks folder with links to all the apps I have and check them periodically and manually. Was basically hoping for some kind of "automated" way of doing this.

Thanks
    05-11-09 03:02 AM
    What I would recommend is saving everything you download to a bookmark.

From time to time you can just click on your bookmarks and see if the version is newer then the one you have.
    05-11-09 03:04 AM
    I think it will only tell you an app has been updated if the developer releases notes with it.
    05-11-09 03:05 AM
    I think it will only tell you an app has been updated if the developer releases notes with it.
    Well the developer can update the app all day long and it will never send an email. They have to sign in to mobihand and go the app info and change the version number in there. When that number gets changed they send an email out.
    05-11-09 03:06 AM
    Well the developer can update the app all day long and it will never send an email. They have to sign in to mobihand and go the app info and change the version number in there. When that number gets changed they send an email out.
    Oh, hah. Sorry it was just an educated guess >.<

Where have you been lately! I've missed you!
    05-11-09 03:07 AM
    Ok, well thanks for the further input.

I've just finished making a new bookmarks folder with all my installed apps in it. Shame though that there isn't some way of making an app do this through the desktop manager or something similar. Anyways thanks.

One other thing...when I've bought certain apps and there are updates, I assume that the updates are free aren't they? Bought or free....with some of them there was no activation code required so I'm not sure how the site will know I've already paid for it.

And what's the general rule of thumb when updating apps btw? Delete old one first or can the new version be simply "overwritten" on top of the old one? Or is this dependent on the app?

Thanks again.
    05-11-09 03:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD