How many students do we have here? What software do you find to be helpful in keeping track of school work? Is there anything else you use on your BB for school?

Thanks
    05-03-08 02:35 PM
    Have you tried StudentBerry OTA Install ?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-03-08 05:25 PM
    StudentBerry seems like a good idea but needs some work- I've read a lot of people having issues with backing up their data and you can't sync it with your pc...which mean inputting all of that data on your bb. Additionally, not a lot of professors look favorably upon student whipping out their cell phones in class when talking about assignments or projects.
    06-10-08 08:21 PM
    StudentBerry seems like a good idea but needs some work- I've read a lot of people having issues with backing up their data and you can't sync it with your pc...which mean inputting all of that data on your bb.
    Issues? Like what, not backing up their Berry like they should? Perhaps that is more of a learning experience for them as students.

If you responsibly backup your Berry, your data is safe. Did they have a problem restoring data they had backed up? Now that would be interesting to hear about.

I do agree it could be a better application in a couple of ways, and is mostly geared toward HS. If you are in college it won't work for you as it can't schedule classes M-W-F, or Tu-Th, or whatever... only daily or weekly.

What other features would you like to see? Why knock something unless you have clear suggestions on how it could be better? Without that info, you are not really helping the OP evaluate the product, or your post.

Additionally, not a lot of professors look favorably upon student whipping out their cell phones in class when talking about assignments or projects.
    In college, you can basically do what you want (unless you are at say the Naval Academy), and frankly as long as you are not disturbing others by talking on your cell, they could care less. It's your grade.

Now, HS is s different story, but being that you used the term "professor", I'll guess you are talking college, unless you are using the term incorrectly.

I actually had to complain once in my doctoral program about someone answering a cell phone in class, because the proffessory coudn't care less, but I certainly did when I'm paying $660/unit.

If it is for HS, studentberry is fine. College, I'd invest in ToDo & Idea Matrix along with the GTD book to learn how to really use them.
    06-10-08 09:40 PM
    I tried StudentBerry and as a grad student... it was pointless the assignment reminders didn't work I hated the program! my reg. calendar works better

anyone know of any other programs for college students? If so...LET ME KNOW!!! plz!
    06-10-08 09:47 PM
    I tried StudentBerry and as a grad student... it was pointless the assignment reminders didn't work I hated the program! my reg. calendar works better

anyone know of any other programs for college students? If so...LET ME KNOW!!! plz!
    Good to know.

In the interim until you find just what you want, have you tried taht MaraTick (free) todo list app? Not sure if you can set alerts with it.

But really, I'd just get ToDo Matrix. I have it, and love it. Wish I had had it in my doctoral program. Would have made life easier.
    06-11-08 06:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD