I have an indicator stuck on with the new version of Facebook. It is the 1 and then the FB icon. There isn't anything that needs to be read. I have done a battery pull to no avail. Any ideas? Never had a problem with the old version.

BTW, Bold 9700 on AT&T

Oops ..edit to change version 1.9.0.20
    Last edited by UrbanOps; 11-30-10 at 02:12 AM.
    11-30-10 02:08 AM
    Not sure what the issue is that you're describing,
    but there is an issue with the messages still.
    that is why you're participating in a beta.
    so that when it gets released the general public doesn't have these errors...
    11-30-10 04:43 AM
    Not sure what the issue is that you're describing,
    but there is an issue with the messages still.
    that is why you're participating in a beta.
    so that when it gets released the general public doesn't have these errors...
    The issue is the indicator is stuck on telling me there is something that needs to be read when in fact everything has been read. This issue is similar to the voicemail indicator that is telling you something needs to be read.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled. Done a couple of battery pulls but the "one message unread" indicator is still stuck on.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-30-10 11:48 AM
    Mmm...
    Its not maybe in your saved messages folder?

>otherwise I'm out of ideas, sorry

11-30-10 12:00 PM
    Mmm...
    Its not maybe in your saved messages folder?

>otherwise I'm out of ideas, sorry

Nope, there's nothing anywhere. I've even deleted every message. It's so stupid, but the indicator drives me crazy!

11-30-10 12:15 PM
    Are you using the standard theme?
    Perhaps try swapping themes and doing a battery pull.

11-30-10 12:31 PM
    Open Facebook app in you 9700
    On the top, scroll to Messages
    Highlight and click
    One message should pop up...
    Highlight and click
    on the Comment/Reply box type OK

Close app and check if it is still there.
    12-03-10 01:14 AM
    I had the same problem after upgrading Facebook to ver. 1.9.0.20. An old message appeared that I thought I had deleted long ago into my message in box. Tried deleting it, but it 'stuck'. Started the Facebook app. Found the message in the message folder and tried deleting it there. It showed it was deleted. Went back to Blackberry messages, but it still showed there. Tried deleting again - no luck. Went back to Facebook messages and it had reappeared in there again. Frustration abound! Deleted the entire Facebook app from my phone and finally cleared my inbox. A week later I re-installed it just to see if the bug had fixed itself. A week after that another 'old' message appeared that I know I deleted long previously. I thought about doing the nuke fix again, but saw the previous reply in this board. Gave it a try. Opened the old message in the Facebook app. Replied to it and sent it. Closed, then re-opened Facebook app and deleted the message there. Closed it again. Went to Blackberry message folder and deleted it there....low & behold...It worked! Why use tactical nukes when TNT will do the job just as well!
    Blackberry 9700 Bold running ver. 5.0.0.862
    12-12-10 09:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD