I have an Eclipse Nav system with bluetooth and a USB output which I have a micro-usb cable plugged into. I can stream pandora via bluetooth but for some reason I can't get my blackberry to stream through the USB cable. When I plug it in it automatically picks up my music folder and starts playing. I can select different files within the music folder but cannot "get to" Pandora. I even tried turning on Pandora before and after I connected to no avail. I checked application permissions and Pandora is set to allow on USB connections. Any ideas how I can make this happen? I wouldn't even worry about it aside from the better audio quality and connection from the USB cable! Thanks in advance!
    04-20-10 12:27 PM
    What exactly are you trying to accomplish hooking your phone via Bluetooth?

Your usb connectivity sounds like my kenwood NAV system. The usb can only play mp3, WMA or wav files. Its not like a pc that can hook up usb as a program.

You can only play pandora/slacker thru bluetooh or the headphone jack on the phone. I use the headphone jack as the sound is much better sounding than Bluetooth. Bluetooth compresses the muciw too much to sound good.
    Last edited by scott750; 04-20-10 at 01:40 PM.
    04-20-10 01:37 PM
    I am not an expert but...I would think that from a technology point of view that when you are using the USB your navigation connection is reading your BB like a USB drive. So it cannot do the same with Pandora...at that would have to send the signal through the USB and USB I dont think can do that, it would be great if it could tho.
    04-20-10 01:39 PM
    Ah ha moment....

Thanks guys I was not aware that the Nav unit couldn't stream through the USB cable but I probably should've checked into that first. The bluetooth connection is just spotty, at best, and I really really like my Pandora so I wanted a better connection. @scott750 I think our Nav units are similar and I'm going to look into the headphone jack connection as mine doesn't have the aux output on the face but there may something on the back of the unit I can extend.
    04-20-10 01:51 PM
    you could also look into buying an FM Modulator if you don't have AUX inputs.. that goes between your radio antenna's input and the antena itself.. then you have a toggle switch to turn it on.. it will squash any other radio stations.. unlike the FM transmiter's do.. That will give you an AUX input on any radio..
    04-20-10 01:57 PM
    Ah ha moment....

Thanks guys I was not aware that the Nav unit couldn't stream through the USB cable but I probably should've checked into that first. The bluetooth connection is just spotty, at best, and I really really like my Pandora so I wanted a better connection. @scott750 I think our Nav units are similar and I'm going to look into the headphone jack connection as mine doesn't have the aux output on the face but there may something on the back of the unit I can extend.
    My NAV unit had an iPod input that took a male headphone cable for audio and a seperate connection for video. I just used a male-male headphone cable from Walmart. I plugged only into the audio input of the iPod for the NAV unit. And when I want play slacker or pandora, I swich the source to iPod to lisen and navigate on the phone like if using headphones normally. No video of course is displayed on the NAV unit but the sound is great.

The only downfall is plugging and unplugging theyphone everytime you jump into the car.
    04-20-10 01:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD