I was doing a little troubleshooting to try and resolve a streaming issue over EDGE.

The 8320 will stream fine with WIFI - but NOT Edge. I should say it WAS streaming fine over EDGE until about 3 weeks ago.

I did a little digging and found some information that could explain problems (or really be nothing at all). When I want to stream Moodio over WIFI, I use the internet browser to go to the Moodio site and select my station, causing the media player to open and stream. During this, I hit the menu button and select "Show Address" and I get the following: rtsp://moodio.fm/1189163;interface=wifi

With WIFI off (in order to use EDGE), I use the Internet Browser to access the Moodio site with my stations, I then select a station, causing the media player to open, attempt to load and then I get the dreaded "Can not find web address...." error message. When I hit the menu button to "Show Address" I get the following: rtsp://moodio.fm/1189163;connectionuid=WAP2%20trans

Note the "WAP" in the above address - does this mean it's running under the WAP browser, even though I accessed moodio from the internet browser? Could this be an issue - i.e. streaming with WAP browser? Or is it really nothing and this post really shows what a dumba$$ I am?

Using EDGE, if I use the internet browser and go to another site, say the Toronto Star, and I hit "Show Address" I get the typical hxxp://www.thestar.com/ (note that there is no WAP in the address; I used xx instead of tt so the actual address would appear in the post, not the live link).

If some smart person (NOT ME) could provide some comments on the above they'd be really appreciated! Thanks.
    04-17-09 10:04 PM
    OK - first off, see Post No. 10 (by Rikter) at the following link

http://forums.crackberry.com/f73/you...8/#post2295271

The solution to solve my streaming issue with youtube and moodio over EDGE was the second step in the above post as follows:

OPTIONS> Advanced Settings>service books
    delete "WAP Browserconfig"
    delete "Rogers Do More"

Yes the post/link is for streaming issues with a BOLD, but this worked to get streaming on my Curve working again over EDGE. I had it working then it stopped suddenly 2-3 weeks ago and I have been stumped to get it going again trying all kinds of things. As my original post says (and the solution seems to confirm) my streaming problem was due to the involvement of the carrier's (in this case Rogers) wap browser.

Talking to a Rogers tech. a few weeks ago to discuss the problem I was told it's not possible to stream on a Curve - yeah, thanks for that enlightening help!!

Sharing this info to offer some help to others with streaming issues.

Take care all. Oh - and thanks Rikter!!!
    04-19-09 09:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD