Woooo

Settle down folks... Stop attacking each other... Not the place or time for it.. If you wish to ignore a user please use it... Other then that personally attacking such member will shorten your stay here.

Make Meaningful Posts
    While CrackBerry.com is geared as much towards entertaining and connecting the Crackberry community as it is to helping solve problems and staying on top of news and rumors, all posts made within the site should be value added and on topic to the thread (even in the free for all). Hijacking a thread off-topic is a big No-No, and posts made for no reason other than to increase post count will be wiped from the site.

Personal Attacks
    Do not flame, insult or post personal attacks against other users. Be courteous, not rude. Any instances or reports of harassment of members will be treated seriously. CrackBerry.com has a zero tolerance policy against this kind of behavior, which may result with an immediate temporary or permanent ban at moderators' discretion. CrackBerry.com is a friendly place - treat members with respect at all times. If you don't have something nice to say, do not say it!

Last warning!!!
    Thank you very much sir!
    01-20-10 02:08 PM
    Woooo

Settle down folks... Stop attacking each other... Not the place or time for it.. If you wish to ignore a user please use it... Other then that personally attacking such member will shorten your stay here.

Make Meaningful Posts
    While CrackBerry.com is geared as much towards entertaining and connecting the Crackberry community as it is to helping solve problems and staying on top of news and rumors, all posts made within the site should be value added and on topic to the thread (even in the free for all). Hijacking a thread off-topic is a big No-No, and posts made for no reason other than to increase post count will be wiped from the site.

Personal Attacks
    Do not flame, insult or post personal attacks against other users. Be courteous, not rude. Any instances or reports of harassment of members will be treated seriously. CrackBerry.com has a zero tolerance policy against this kind of behavior, which may result with an immediate temporary or permanent ban at moderators' discretion. CrackBerry.com is a friendly place - treat members with respect at all times. If you don't have something nice to say, do not say it!

Last warning!!!
    No problem...will do...
    01-20-10 02:08 PM
    No problem...will do...
    Much Appreciated!
    01-20-10 02:10 PM
    Plus 1!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

01-20-10 02:13 PM
    DMG you are proving why ur the best out there when it comes to apps.. I AM BACK IN LOVE WITH THIS APP!

And now be honest..don't you agree that with all the bugs and bad baterry life experience.. the app "sucked".. AND NOW ITS BACK BEING THE GREATEST..

excelent job DMG..
    NO! The app did not suck nor has it ever sucked. Were there issue? Yes, but in no means did it suck! Many of the issues werent affecting everyone, and for some it was working great.

Glad to hear that you are liking the update!

I'm still confused and have a complaint... Even if I set SS to launch on a phone call (which I don't want it to), you have to talk for at least 2 seconds for SS to turn on... My problem with this is that if someone takes your phone and wants to unlock it, and bypass SS, all they have to do is call your phone, answer and then end the call right away, and they will be taken to the homescreen... That is NOT smart... Please re add the feature that allows SS to activate when you end a call...
    Ok so are you using the pw in SS?
    01-20-10 02:22 PM
    Then God said "Let there be Ban Hammers", and it was...
    ...and it was good...and there was two.

Ya'll better chill out. I see your what 5 point was getting at and I can assure you that it will be looked into.

Damn mods make me nervous. Lol.
    01-20-10 02:26 PM
    NO! The app did not suck nor has it ever sucked. Were there issue? Yes, but in no means did it suck! Many of the issues werent affecting everyone, and for some it was working great.

Glad to hear that you are liking the update!

Ok so are you using the pw in SS?
    Yes I am using a password. I always do...

Ya'll better chill out. I see your what 5 point was getting at and I can assure you that it will be looked into.

Thanks...
    01-20-10 02:31 PM
    Yes I am using a password. I always do...

Thanks...
    So if you are using a pw in SS then how is someone going to get into you phone if it is lost or stolen? Do you see where I getting at? You are saying that someone can take your device and make a call and then hang up immediately and they will be kicked back to homescreen. This would only happen if they knew your pw to get into your device. I will have dmg look into if the app can instantly load instead of waiting 2 secs but do you understand my confusion with your statements?
    01-20-10 02:35 PM
    @5 Point:
    I just tried a bunch of different scenarios and the app is pretty much secure with the correct settings.

Launch on Phone: Yes
    Enable Password: Yes
    Enable Phone Password: Yes

With these settings even if your phone is called whoever has it still wouldn't be able access anything. If you don't believe me try it. With these exact settings I called my phone from another phone and wasn't even allowed to access the homescreen before I was pushed back out to the SS screen.
    I hope this helps.
    01-20-10 02:47 PM
    First SS doesnt cause memory leak, never has. Second, I am assuming you are downloading from your account page in CB ppStore/Mobihand, correct? You are going to BerrySlider and hitting the green download arrow and entering your email address and clicking send?
    Yes, I am logging in from the email about the update. It takes me to my log in and then I get the green arrows to download the apps. After I click on the green arrow I get that response.

The only thing I had running was berryslider and after I removed it the memory leak stopped. I don't know what else could have caused it. Thanks
    01-20-10 02:53 PM

Lmao Shady.

01-20-10 02:58 PM
    Yes, I am logging in from the email about the update. It takes me to my log in and then I get the green arrows to download the apps. After I click on the green arrow I get that response.

The only thing I had running was berryslider and after I removed it the memory leak stopped. I don't know what else could have caused it. Thanks
    There's no memory leak in this one buddy.

As for the link, send it to your phone from your computer.
    01-20-10 03:03 PM

Thanks shay, you beat me to it.
    01-20-10 03:04 PM

Ok. Thanks. Will let you know if I have problems

01-20-10 03:14 PM
    Congratulations dmg on achieving CB Genius of Geniuses Status!
    The shoe certainly fits.....Downloaded and installed the latest version. Thanks !!!
    01-20-10 04:20 PM
    I'm still getting two issues relating the BB lock and SS.

-when SS on lock is disabled. push lock button. Screen goes black. Comes back on to show lock screen (first odd thing) and SS is now engaged (second issue)

Been my issue for several updates.

Thanks guys. .

01-20-10 04:37 PM
    Known issue with the lock button on the S2, it's been discussed here a few times.
    01-20-10 05:12 PM
    I'm still getting two issues relating the BB lock and SS.

-when SS on lock is disabled. push lock button. Screen goes black. Comes back on to show lock screen (first odd thing) and SS is now engaged (second issue)

Been my issue for several updates.

Thanks guys. .

This is normal! It is the way that the new lock/power button and screen works for the S2
    01-20-10 05:15 PM

Ok, wish I could do a neat screen shot of meterBerry but since I installed this latest version I am down 5.4 MB with memory and this is the only thing I installed. The only other thing I have running is simple weather. I'm ok with it but just wanted to point it out.
    01-20-10 05:40 PM
    anyone know where DMG got those wall papers he is using for the SS on the front page? I want them lol
    01-20-10 05:43 PM
    Ok, wish I could do a neat screen shot of meterBerry but since I installed this latest version I am down 5.4 MB with memory and this is the only thing I installed. The only other thing I have running is simple weather. I'm ok with it but just wanted to point it out.
    You can use CaptureIt for screenshots or BBSAK, or QL has creen shot feature as well.

Please list all your apps, games, themes, etc. on your device. Also what are your maintenance habits? How often are you clearing all of your logs? etc.

Edit: WTH?!!!!!!!!!!!! You only have 5.4 on a 9550? Explain this!!!!
    Last edited by jgutie6634; 01-20-10 at 05:45 PM.
    01-20-10 05:43 PM
    anyone know where DMG got those wall papers he is using for the SS on the front page? I want them lol
    BlackBerry Storm Wallpapers | BlackBerry Storm 2 Wallpapers | StormGrounds.com
    01-20-10 05:44 PM
    You can use CaptureIt for screenshots or BBSAK, or QL has creen shot feature as well.

Please list all your apps, games, themes, etc. on your device. Also what are your maintenance habits? How often are you clearing all of your logs? etc.
    Ok, I have

storm slider
    meterberry
    simple weather
    Google Maps
    edocrab
    Poynt
    StormYahtzee
    Opera Mini 5 beta 2
    Fidelity Anywhere
    CNBC
    Visual Voicemail
    Blocked Traffic Free
    Crackberry
    Labyrinth Lite
    Stop Turning

I don't use any themes anymore because they all leak memory. I was using BeDroid which was ok but DavePro 5 killed my memory so I used Precision Zen only. I run memory cleaner that came with the OS every other day or so. I really do try to keep an eye on my memory and am honest when I say that the temes do the most damage so I stopped using them.
    01-20-10 05:50 PM

Edit: WTH?!!!!!!!!!!!! You only have 5.4 on a 9550? Explain this!!!!
    i think he means hes -5.4mb Since Startup-

try a battery pull then report back-
    01-20-10 05:53 PM
    Just downloaded the updated version. Works a **** of a lot faster now, doesn't lag between switching from landscape to portrait view.
    01-20-10 05:53 PM
1,789 ... 4950515253 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD