So I downloaded the update to my S2 because I had a S1 and it won't work. It keeps saying it's the wrong edition. Do I have to pay for this app again? Even though I bought it for my S1? .
    Short answer, yes.

As DMG Explained yesterday in another thread. The software you buy is licensed to that ONE device that you bought it for. Think of it like Windows. You don't get to buy one copy and put it on all your computers do you? Same thing here. 1 copy per device.

While I'm sure this isn't the answer that you wanted, I hope that it does help clear up any confusion.
    10-29-09 11:17 AM
    You should also know that your getting some great quality and customer service with it.
    10-29-09 11:25 AM
    1. Pattern lock lite is free, the full version is paid. Same wit StormSlider the lite version is free and the full version is paid =)

2. As for having to pay again I have no way of proving you bought the first app so I'm unable to give out free copies to those who purchased for the storm 1. However I'm going to setup a coupon code where you can get the app for only 1$. =)

Sorry about that, but I split the two apps up for a reason. While the devices are similar in ways they are also different. So to provide you guys with the best quality app I split the two apps into two separate apps. I hope you guys understand.
    10-29-09 12:04 PM
    Mods who own Storm 2's get a free paid copy right?
    10-29-09 12:14 PM
    Mods who own Storm 2's get a free paid copy right?
    Lol only because you give me warnings about my sig being too big
    10-29-09 12:30 PM
    Hey pkcable see how dmg is such a nice guy :-p

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-29-09 02:16 PM
    1. Pattern lock lite is free, the full version is paid. Same wit StormSlider the lite version is free and the full version is paid =)

2. As for having to pay again I have no way of proving you bought the first app so I'm unable to give out free copies to those who purchased for the storm 1. However I'm going to setup a coupon code where you can get the app for only 1$. =)

Sorry about that, but I split the two apps up for a reason. While the devices are similar in ways they are also different. So to provide you guys with the best quality app I split the two apps into two separate apps. I hope you guys understand.
    I already purchased it for $3. Bummer. Actually it's working great! No big deal.
    10-29-09 02:30 PM
    DMG is the best! Seriously the Storm community has some GREAT app developers, like DMG, Fabian & CM. And others!
    10-29-09 02:59 PM
    Issue with the beta I have, when plugged in, it does not launch, although I have it set to.
    10-29-09 03:46 PM
    Just ran SS through the standard series of tests that I conducted when I used it on the Storm and it still working great. Now to play around with some of the newer features of the Storm2 to see if I can break the app.

10-29-09 04:28 PM
    Issue with the beta I have, when plugged in, it does not launch, although I have it set to.
    When you plug it in is the clock showing?

If so the screen will never fade out and the slider will never be shown.

When you plug it on the charger close out of the clock and it should be fine =)
    10-29-09 04:45 PM
    I gladly purchased at full price. For the quality of the app and for how much work and time DMG puts into it this program is well worth the $3!!
    10-29-09 05:21 PM
    I gladly purchased at full price. For the quality of the app and for how much work and time DMG puts into it this program is well worth the $3!!
    I agree. Even though I get it free when from testing the app, I like to pay for it whenever the need comes around.

10-29-09 05:24 PM
    So, I assume I'm not going to get an answer to why I was able to use the coupon you posted by going to the download you provided and was directed to download the wrong app for free? As I posted earlier, once downloaded it says I downloaded the app for the Storm1 and it sends me to buy the app for the Storm2. Heck of a giveaway! Geez!

10-29-09 05:56 PM
    So, I assume I'm not going to get an answer to why I was able to use the coupon you posted by going to the download you provided and was directed to download the wrong app for free? As I posted earlier, once downloaded it says I downloaded the app for the Storm1 and it sends me to buy the app for the Storm2. Heck of a giveaway! Geez!

When you purchased the app did you make sure to choose the storm2 option instead of the storm1?
    10-29-09 06:03 PM

There are currently 5 version of the app that display when you follow the link. When you purchased it did you check off Blackberry Storm 2 9520, 9550 (BlackBerry OS 5.0 Touch Screen)?

10-29-09 06:05 PM
    ordered 10 mins ago... still no email to my phone
    10-29-09 06:07 PM
    ordered 10 mins ago... still no email to my phone
    Your account might be going through a random fraud check by the site. Try logging into your account and seeing if the app appears in the list. If it does, you can just send the link to your device.

10-29-09 06:50 PM
    There are currently 5 version of the app that display when you follow the link. When you purchased it did you check off Blackberry Storm 2 9520, 9550 (BlackBerry OS 5.0 Touch Screen)?

It didn't give me any options. I followed the link for the paid version from this post, put the coupon code in that was provided and checked out.
    I'm very familiar with purchasing apps and the BlackBerry in general. I would have picked the correct model and OS if given the option to do so.
    The fact that my post wasn't even addressed tells me all o need to know.

10-29-09 06:53 PM
    It didn't give me any options. I followed the link for the paid version from this post, put the coupon code in that was provided and checked out.
    I'm very familiar with purchasing apps and the BlackBerry in general. I would have picked the correct model and OS if given the option to do so.

I just followed that same link earlier when I purchased and just followed it again and each time it gives me the 5 different versions to chose from. Are you sure you don't have the storm selected under My BlackBerry on the site?

10-29-09 07:08 PM

I did address your post lol

The issue is you have the wrong version. You have the storm 1 version and if you provide me with a transaction id I will refund your money right away.

To get the correct version you much select it from the list. See the image below =)

10-29-09 10:20 PM
    I'm also looking for a few beta testers for those who are interested =)
    10-29-09 10:39 PM
    okay, so i've updated my mobihand account with the S2 pin. .. I have had the storm slider on my S1. Now that I've updated it, I sent the DL link to my phone again. When I DL it, it says it's still the S1 version.

any help? thanks.
    10-29-09 10:39 PM

i would love to beta test for the S2!
    10-29-09 10:40 PM
    You already know that I will. But Drift won't be able to until he gets a Storm2 (ETA: January). Also if you are home, can you fix that little thing I asked about before so I can get back to testing their compatibility with the Storm2?

Last edited by ArmaK; 10-29-09 at 11:06 PM.
    10-29-09 11:01 PM
1,789 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD